Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sorry i didnt mean to post on this thread. i was writing about some spots i was in and thought id put it in general veiwing :D :D but while im here. and i was reading this anyway. what books do you know of that are (the godfather) of micro stakes limits? hopefully you can lead me to the treasure :p also iv just started reading my first book. like first ever! lol and its the supersystem. if there is any better way to get better at poker than for my first book to be a poker book :p please dont think im spamming. iv been playing poker for about 3 years. so id like to expand my knowlage to play a better game

Micro stakes limits? So you're referring to play cash tables as opposed to tournament-style play?
If so (cash) I don't think SuperSystem a good book to get started with.
When I first began playing online I picked up alot of books to read (purchased some & got many from the library). My local library had SuperSystem on the shelf so it made it's way to my house. After reading that book & then trying to implement it with micro stakes online, I found my winrates dropping into the shytter. Personally I also can't stand the writing style in the book, ie. "Then me Trey Deuce raised up ........ ".

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me personally I will admit that I struggle with reading right now si here is what I would do if I could start again.

Read Leatherass Treat poker like a buisness, now not that I have read it all but the halfish I have read is very good for preparing you for how you should go about your playing.

Read Gordans Green and Blue- easy to read and fun at the same time.

Have some light reading poker books like Gus Hansens every hand revealed and Zen poker, both are good reads easy to re-read and have some good poker advice in them.

Thats as fars as I have got apart from Moshmans book for sngs so not sure about cash game books. LA makes a point in his book learning poker is like learning anything start simple like 1st grade then work your way up. Once you have a PHD then you might be able to stomach Mathmatics of poker :p