Poker îs also luck

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing a lot on texas holdem, this year I played pot limit omaha also.

Recently I studied a lot this game omaha, trying to find better knowlege to win money at the cash and tournament tables.

And I played good starting hands, position, controling the mental game and all that I have Learned.

Today I played cash game omaha and I was s-o relaxed and played only good hands from good position, but în 100 hands I thing I never clicked with flop, not even one Time, but I was not tilting because I knew that I play A game and it was nothing to do.

This I knew also from texas holdem online and live with friends, sometimes You have no chance of winning if The cards don t help You.

You can get only bad strarting hands, or You când get good starting hands but your opponents always to have better than You.

And I hâd days when almost every hand I played clicked imediatly with The flop, like direct 4 of kind or direct full house, then poker îs so easy.

In conclusion îs that poker îs also luck s-o IT does not matter how good You are îf the cards are against You, You Will lose.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed !!

Every sport has a lucky moment and poker is not much different, but in the long run, luck is a detail.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a major part of poker especially if you are playing a large MTT. There will be many times you’ll need to win a flip and this is essentially luck. 50/50 chance. And of course you can easily so all in with AA and get called by 66 and they hit a 6 and your tournament is over. That is luck in a nutshell.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feeling lucky I read this.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm if we do not find the right cards at the right time. you cannot win an MTT. when you have a good level of play. you can manage to survive and reach the ITM places but to win. it is imperative that the variant is on your side and that it helps you win your flips. the most important thing in this game is to always play your A game and wait for the day when the luck is favorable so that you can reach your goal.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me, poker is a good opportunity to have fun. I think the main thing is to enjoy the game. Of course, money also matters, but first and foremost you have to enjoy the game.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing a lot on texas holdem, this year I played pot limit omaha also.

Recently I studied a lot this game omaha, trying to find better knowlege to win money at the cash and tournament tables.

And I played good starting hands, position, controling the mental game and all that I have Learned.

Today I played cash game omaha and I was s-o relaxed and played only good hands from good position, but în 100 hands I thing I never clicked with flop, not even one Time, but I was not tilting because I knew that I play A game and it was nothing to do.

This I knew also from texas holdem online and live with friends, sometimes You have no chance of winning if The cards don t help You.

You can get only bad strarting hands, or You când get good starting hands but your opponents always to have better than You.

And I hâd days when almost every hand I played clicked imediatly with The flop, like direct 4 of kind or direct full house, then poker îs so easy.

In conclusion îs that poker îs also luck s-o IT does not matter how good You are îf the cards are against You, You Will lose.

Ok, thanks.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is a huge factor in poker, but that doesn't mean luck > skill.

luck is short term, skill is long term.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
suerte

hello I play both types of poker. in the omaha there are plays that are defined in the river almost all you get there. that's why you have to be luckier than in the holdem where many hands are defined in pre flop or flop

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

hello i can say maybe some times need and luck but most of time you need to play hard its not poker just all in but need to play sometimes and with you dont have nothing to make best wher is time to bluff .

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only get good cards in MTT, you will most likely lose. To win, you need to risk playing bad cards on a par with good cards. For me, Omaha is much more difficult.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is 25% , 20% or 50% luck in some spots when you are flipping, or need to avoid 2 outs or 3 outs

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone will say poker is a luck. The smart one will say poker is a skill.
And highlight the word - distance, in this statement.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a major part of poker especially if you are playing a large MTT. There will be many times you’ll need to win a flip and this is essentially luck. 50/50 chance. And of course you can easily so all in with AA and get called by 66 and they hit a 6 and your tournament is over. That is luck in a nutshell.
I do not agree. Luck is not the main part of poker in my opinion. Poker skills help eliminate the influence of luck-misfortune. Of course, not 100 percent.