Poker After Dark returns Monday with 3 weeks of new shows

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i agree plo should be nice to watch on tv dont kno if they ever played plo on tv before but i could be wrong

they haven't on PAD, but wsop aired some PLO events in the past. final table with hellmuth, ivey, cunningham, williamson:

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait for this...the PLO is going to be epic!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is at the Aria now - can't wait to see it. I think they were gonna film the first one last night.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just watched the first episode of the 'idol' week. It's such an awkward cast. Luckychewy tries to hit on melanie weisner and Brunson and Dwan just look bored.

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just watched the first episode of the 'idol' week. It's such an awkward cast. Luckychewy tries to hit on melanie weisner and Brunson and Dwan just look bored.

for sure just watched first 3 eps. chewy sure do look awkward around girls. am thinking weisner would make an excellent ex wife. is it just me or does dwan give off tons more tells than he used to?

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty cool show. Might have to watch the PLO. That should be good.

H

Herbie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to see some PLO on tv... Haven't watched PAD for a long time so will give this week a try due to something different...

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO starts tonight (Andy Bloch joining Ali Nejad in the booth, and they're using a 4 color deck)

sick lineup - hope it turns out good:
6f97dd3d6.jpg

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice some PLO now awesome looking forward seeing this PAD........

jhdocholliday

jhdocholliday

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker After Dark

Been watching poker after dark pretty regularly for several weeks. It's about the only televised poker I see, since I don't have cable.

Phil Laak was pretty entertaining the last couple weeks, playing drunk and all. His apple freerolls were cracking me up, tens of thousands in the pot and he's raising fifty thousand and one apple.

The first PLO episode was cool. Pretty suprised to see Ivey push on the flop with just a paired ace and even more surprised to see Antonious call with just his kings.

TheDevilsLuck

TheDevilsLuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved watching this a lot, and it was only one episode. Too bad Andy Bloch is ruining it for me.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
amazing line from durrrr when they're talking about the hastings v isildur match 'woke up the next morning, to hear that nice piece of news...'

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and durrrr and ivey need to make a buddy movie or something

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished watching the first PLO episode. They must have known everyone was dying to see it, since it got put up several hours quicker than most PAD episodes.

Did not disappoint. Great play, great players. You can really tell they're having a good time. It's an unusually chatty, relaxed table, when you take into account that these players are usually among the quieter ones. It will be a good two weeks. :)

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonius' call with KK99/no redraw vs. Ivey is sort of WTF.

not too many really interesting hands:

1. Adams' call with Aces unimproved vs. Dwan was sorta interesting. I assume he expected to see either the nuts/busted spade draw, instead Dwan showed him top two.

2. Adams' fold of QQ22 flush on paired board/K river was pretty solid.

3. It's interesting to see the bluffing that goes on. I like how Hastings doesn't even think to call with kings up when Galfond, who was PFR, bet small on the end (probably putting him on a baby flush or Aces up).

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this season so far. Lots of new players & great talent.

The PLO sessions are exciting, what took them so long to get a lineup like this & to start playing PLO??? BOUT TIME!!

Love it

H

Herbie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this season so far. Lots of new players & great talent.

The PLO sessions are exciting, what took them so long to get a lineup like this & to start playing PLO??? BOUT TIME!!

Love it

I agree with this 100%... I rarely watch poker on television because it is all the same old format... Definitely refreshing to see something different and I will will be watching all the upcoming episodes...

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i watch the first plo eposide its really fun to play but not so much fun to watch but they couldnt pick a better line up the proplem is plo is very hard to make bluffs specialy at 6 handed game all value betting

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That is soooo sick, why did I not know about this? lol
Thank you!

Ok ok.. I surrender. I'll obviously never come close to you in post count. I mean just look at this one PAD thread & you've milked it for numerous posts. I give up :(

Here where I live we get PokerAfterDark on two stations late at night (usually different shows), & then again the following day at either 2pm or 4pm (a repeat of the night before). It's on 6days a week with the final show (on Saturdays) being "The Director's Cut" (< usually good).
Although it's often a winner-take-all sng, I like it more than most poker shows because they're showing the viewer all hands played, not just the big coolers & suckouts.

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been watching poker after dark pretty regularly for several weeks. It's about the only televised poker I see, since I don't have cable.

Phil Laak was pretty entertaining the last couple weeks, playing drunk and all. His apple freerolls were cracking me up, tens of thousands in the pot and he's raising fifty thousand and one apple.

The first PLO episode was cool. Pretty suprised to see Ivey push on the flop with just a paired ace and even more surprised to see Antonious call with just his kings.

..no doubt the apple freeroll was golden
antonius better get his arse unstuck or i'm out 20, i've been watching a few plo games with him online and thought for sure he would be rolling over these guys.
but yeah that was one bad call and he knew it.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TBH, the action has been somewhat underwhelming.

Partly because of the cards...few hands have been 3-bet pre...there have been hands where people had good AAxx hands that get run down by total trash hands...no hands where you have AA-double suited vs. a premium rundown or something.

In one of the rare action flops, Antonius flops the nut straight and Ivey has a wrap + BDFD while Galfond has OESD+ lower BDFD, but instead of them raising/getting it in on the flop, Ivey and Galfond just call down and Galfond leads river with 3rd nut flush.