Poker After Dark, feb 2 question

GrabbedTheGold

GrabbedTheGold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night on Poker After Dark, they changed things up by playing a cash game instead of usual tourney..... from the start this one guy from texas, whose name I dont recall and never saw on TV before, kept telling everyone the truth about his exact cards, hand after hand..... he was in there for a $100K buyin against Hellmuth, Texas Dolly, Professor Lederer, etc.... he seems overmatched

Question is, WHAT is the strategy of telling these guys his holding??

snakeeyes

snakeeyes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was actually a rerun of an earlier session. I know the guy you're talkin about. Blue shirt and cowboy hat. He's trying to establish a table image. If everyone there believes he is honest and "only bets when he has it" then that allows him to bluff later on in the game. But those guys are pros, and i saw this guy bluff 25 gs into a 12g pot. Which is an obvious overbet, cause if he had it he would want to get paid off and would have bet a more callable raise. The guy playing against him picked up on this and called with SECOND PAIR and took down the pot for 62 gs.

GrabbedTheGold

GrabbedTheGold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
THX for the replies.... I checked it out, the field actually was Doyle Brunson, Lederer, Gabe Kaplan, Eli Elezra, Patrik Antonius, and the guy from Texas DEE TILLER. By the way, you can see this episode (and the whole week of shows) here ---> http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23011821

Very early on, Tiller made a pot size raise, everyone folded and he showed KK..... a bit later, another pot sized bet, everyone folded, he shows AK..... but then he got heads up with Elezra, bet 25K into a 14K pot with nothing, Elezra called him down with his pair... so Tiller's strategy of raising and showing big hands didnt work at all...?? Youd think he'd gain some respect by showing, how did Eli sniff out the bluff??