Poker As A Sport?

O

otaktay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting post. I can see how Poker could be considered a sport. It can be both physically and mentally exhausting. You may not agree with me, but eating right and sleeping well and keeping a strong and healthy body could be a big advantage at the poker table.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

poker is already taken in many parts of the world as a mental sport like chess where study and strategy are needed.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For nothing is a sport, if it is a game, but of chance, strategy, knowledge and dedication, which requires a lot of concentration and many hours of play.

P

PezPlaysPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it's a sport, but if others want to think that you can just sit down and require luck to win that would be nice 😁

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a sport like chess, you are exercising your ability to think fast, decision, fighting fear, courage and many other skills that you can use for your daily life with poker strategies.

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chess is a sport? if so, then the poke can be attributed to sports

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly, Poker is a sport. Intellectual. I hope that poker will be at the Olympic games.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If saying poker is a sport helps you sleep better at night
then “knock yourself out” and hold on to that thought ……. lol

But let’s get serious, poker is a game, a game that consists of both skill and Luck nothing more.

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I hope that poker will be at the Olympic games"

All the same poker is a gamble for money. Yes intellectual course, but it's not a sport

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly its closer to an e-sport than any real one. i like the comparison but at the end of the day its still a game like chess.

P

PezPlaysPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a tough one. Chess is considered a sport in USA, but not in UK. Darts is a sport but you couldn't say they look like athletes at the oche. I go with what my mate told me when we were discussing this. If they think it's a game, they think it is luck-based, and I'm cool with them thinking that.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I somehow did not even care about this question. And I do not know the answer to it. But I'm not upset about this) At the Olympics, I think poker will not appear soon. But the championships are)

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a sport. Sitting on one's rear end in front of a computer or at a card table can hardly be considered physical activity.

MIljanho

MIljanho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think so

In sport you dont need that amount of luck like in poker. In sport you need very hard work.

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sport - organized by certain rules of people's activity, consisting in the comparison of their physical and (or) intellectual abilities, as well as preparation for this activity and interpersonal relations arising in its process. I think poker is well suited to this definition: there are training and strategies

Deniskin89

Deniskin89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game. if you play on the PC, in half a day tired eyes.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every kind of game is considered a sport. Poker is a sport that requires a lot of mental skill.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every kind of game is considered a sport. Poker is a sport that requires a lot of mental skill.

Not every game is a sport, otherwise we wouldn't be using different words for it. Also, poker does not require a lot of mental skill. Surely some are better then others, but to say it requires a lot of mental skill is not true. Chess does, that is why you have guys in chess that are almost impossible to beat. Also in tennis for example, you can't just keep going all in in tennis and win. You can't beat Kasparov or Federer by luck. Poker is fun, but it is gambling, not a sport.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes people get a bad idea of ​​poker players, like quenson people who waste their time in games or just do not know how badly to spend their money but have really been thinking about whether poker is a sport? For me the answer is a sport where you can have talent or train to be a better player. This is about having a strong mind and a body that can withstand, it is not easy to last several hours in a poker tournament and decipher how to beat one or several opponents you need to be prepared and have a good condition, so for me the poker is a sport because although it is a game of chance to be the best you must play well, it is not only a matter of luck.
I don’t know how to correctly consider playing poker as a game of chance or a sports game, but in Ukraine my sports organization now declared poker as a sporting achievement, and in some cities poker championships with victorious titles and different prizes are held!

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me its is like chess for money

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think poker is a mental sport.
Sports poker is different because people play with each other. There is no dealer, people do not lose their money. The game is exclusively for the prize. As a rule, play from 2 to 10 people. Poker is a good alternative to roulette and slot machines.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I think poker is a mental sport.
Sports poker is different because people play with each other. There is no dealer, people do not lose their money. The game is exclusively for the prize. As a rule, play from 2 to 10 people. Poker is a good alternative to roulette and slot machines.
Poker is rather a sport and ranks among incomplete information games, and depends a lot on the skill of the players. Very different from roulette for example, which is a game classified as pure chance.