Poker as a full-time job

A

Armadiler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to everyone,
I have a question if someone here play poker for his main income , and if so , so how long it take you to get to thus point and how much money and time you invest to get to thus level, and where did you study

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello to everyone,
I have a question if someone here play poker for his main income , and if so , so how long it take you to get to thus point and how much money and time you invest to get to thus level, and where did you study
There are a lot of questions that not everyone will want to give you the answer to. I will only say about myself that poker is one of my sources of income and only for the duration of the war in my country, as my industry does not work during military actions. I think you can guess what industry I worked in before the war. So my income consists of freelancing (main income) and poker (since I don't invest real money, but only play freerolls). :unsure:

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
my opinion i think you should consider playing poker for extra incomes only not for a job and to get to to this points that you have mentioned and how much money it depend on many facts and the main fact is the level and knowledge of the player and a lot of patience

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello to everyone,
Hey Armadiler. Hope all is well in your world. I've been playing for my income as of late. Earlier this year I was put on some meds that just zapped the energy out of me; much fatigue and feeling lethargic. So I had to take a "leave of absence" from my job. Since then, all I've been doing is playing and reading/studying as much as I can. My favorite books are "Every Hand Revealed" by Gus Hansen and "Super System II" by the godfather himself.
I watch a lot of videos by Jonathan Little. If you're not familiar w/him just "do the Google" and be amazed.
I play live, mainly at The Lodge in Round Rock, TX. That place can and will educate you pretty quick. It's the toughest place I've ever played but that's what you want if you want to get better, imo.
As far as how much $ I've invested, I'm not sure. I'm up but not by much. Gotta pay the bills. It's like the old saying, "Poker is a hard way to make an easy living".

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello to everyone,
I am not a professional, but I have a stable income from the game. It's a small amount of money, but my bankroll is growing. I have been playing poker for about 6 years now and my results were disappointing for the first two years. I think it takes at least a year to more or less master the game and stop spending money. And probably another 2-3 years are needed to simply start playing in the plus. I think it takes at least 5 years to become a professional player.

A

Armadiler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Armadiler. Hope all is well in your world. I've been playing for my income as of late. Earlier this year I was put on some meds that just zapped the energy out of me; much fatigue and feeling lethargic. So I had to take a "leave of absence" from my job. Since then, all I've been doing is playing and reading/studying as much as I can. My favorite books are "Every Hand Revealed" by Gus Hansen and "Super System II" by the godfather himself.
I watch a lot of videos by Jonathan Little. If you're not familiar w/him just "do the Google" and be amazed.
I play live, mainly at The Lodge in Round Rock, TX. That place can and will educate you pretty quick. It's the toughest place I've ever played but that's what you want if you want to get better, imo.
As far as how much $ I've invested, I'm not sure. I'm up but not by much. Gotta pay the bills. It's like the old saying, "Poker is a hard way to make an easy living".
Nice thank you for your help man

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of questions that not everyone will want to give you the answer to. I will only say about myself that poker is one of my sources of income and only for the duration of the war in my country, as my industry does not work during military actions. I think you can guess what industry I worked in before the war. So my income consists of freelancing (main income) and poker (since I don't invest real money, but only play freerolls). :unsure:
I think you're right, I mean you can play poker and as a secondary income and maybe with the time it could be your first income. In my case I just play freeroll tournaments but it's not enough to survive only playing, so I have to work to get a primary source of income.

A

Armadiler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know ow man somtimes it looks so riged like let's say the ever age bb is around 20 and I have less then 10 and I push and most of the time the player with more bb wins and usaly he has worse hand

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
only like 10% can make poker as a job, play for extra income as side when u have time and u will have fun

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you want to know the exact answer to your question, no one will say this because every player has a different level of play and development in poker, everyone learns differently, someone is faster, someone is slower, because of this, everyone takes different time to achieve high income, the main thing is that you learn quickly and achieve your goals because if you treat poker as an income then try to learn and make better money, I only wish you good luck

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My source of income comes from my retirement, Poker is my leisure, my fun, my hobby, I don't think of poker as work, but everything I earn I use for travel (I'll even be going on a trip tomorrow 10/11) and in the continuous renovation of my house on the island

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play for fun. Of course, I would like to play for money, but in my opinion, such earnings are much more difficult than any physical work.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
there were times when I tried to make poker the main form of earnings, I spent a lot of time here and invested a lot of money, but now I am busy with my business, which takes up all my free time, and there is no time for poker at all, sometimes I just want to sit quietly at the poker table, but there is no strength

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Right now I'm only playing for extra income, but I have this goal of playing as my main income, but I see that I still need a lot of training to reach that level.

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Choosing poker as a full-time job is a significant decision that requires careful consideration. While some individuals have successfully made a living playing poker professionally, it comes with both advantages and challenges

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I always support people with big dreams. It's good to be crazy enough to do great things.
Do you want to achieve high status in poker world? Go and do that!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Think about what exactly you want from poker. When a person says that he does not have enough time for something, this always indicates that this matter is not a priority for him. There is the same amount of time in a day for each of us, the only difference is how we use it.Just schedule your sessions and treat it like a full-time job. No excuses. Moreover, all families, friends and loved ones should know that at this time you are really busy. This is your job, not a hobby that can be put off for another time.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a journey that starts slowly and grows, so being calm and patient to increase your buy-in is essential to be profitable in the long term

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For now I always play to earn extra money, but we should always think about being a professional poker player someday and make a living from it.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you can earn enough money from poker to live a decently normal life with everything, thats just a very stressful life. You never know when that streak of misery will hit you, you can lose thousands of dollars in poker within minutes. All in all, in my opinion, its not worth it, even if you can earn enough to live off poker only.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that poker can be a source of additional income, but not the only and certainly not the main source. If you only rely on your poker income, one day you might just find yourself out on the street with no money and no options.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not an option, today, and I deal it as a hobby!
Hello to everyone,

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
anything is possible. a select few can play poker fulltime

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Transitioning to poker as a full-time job can be risky. Success depends on skill, discipline, and managing risk. Ensure financial stability before making such a move and be prepared for fluctuations in income.