Which pocket pair do you like to play in Holdem?

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest always: AA, KK, QQ.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

JJ"s and QQ's....do quite well with these 2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Never paid attention to it but probably AA)))

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
par en mano

hello. I share your opinion. I like the pair of 99 with a spade and I hate the pair of JJ. LOL:D

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not sure with which ones i had the most success but i play ANY pocket pair in ANY position as long as it is not too expensive

but i think 33 and 77 and maybe 99 somehow make the most sets :D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course AA , after that KK to slow play and set traps , then JJ and 1010 for sets

QQ I hate lol

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Texas holdem I like to play pair of aces Pair of kings lost other hj So queen and king, They are very strong hands that give you the opportunity to win quite a few tournaments quite a few hands:D

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In general, I do not have such statistics, but I assume that my most successful and productive pair are pocket aces.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing 88's seem to do well for me 44's also arent to bad and ofcourse i love KK'S they seem to win more times than AA do for me probably a curse put on me and everyone else lol

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket aces are the best for sure.
Any other cards we perceive subjectively as our "lucky cards" are not based on statistical data and in the long run our subjective impression will be proven wrong by math

Yep. Eventually the pair we are winning with more often will win less often and it all evens out. AA is statistically better always.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love the AA and the KK most of the time i don't feel comfortable with the rest of the pocket pairs

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like all the pocket pairs, but I don't play them all the same way, and I don't play all of them from every position. Smaller pairs are a fold in several situations and generally in early position on a table. Now if the table is cautious, you might play a small pair early to see a flop, but if the table is like bet, 3 bet, jam; then you wanna fold small ones. Bigger pairs are a raise early on the table. AA and KK can call a jam, sometimes QQ or even JJ, but those are better to perform a jam than to call a jam.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pair of sixes and nines are my favourite hands beside over pairs. I've had bad luck with pocket 10s lately, lost probably 4 out of 5 in my last games. AA, KK or Queens are best surely. But those Jacks are almost snap fold pre-flop, regardless of position or action :D

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Oddly enough aces. They have the highest win rate. In second place are the kings. Queens and jacks slightly outnumber all other pocket pairs in terms of win rate. Deuces tens are played for approximately the same win rate.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that every pocket pair you get preflop is a good pair to start with. But if I got to pick a favorite pocket pair of course it's got to be AA.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA-KK,other pairs are not playable)))

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pocket AA. But any pocket pair i like has long the pocket pair wins the hand for the most part.

D

DollarDonJon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has to be the American Airlines or AA. They have great value although they tend to get cracked from time to time. You can know that at some point to were winning if that helps you sleep at night.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually hate getting dealt a pocket pair. Most times it gets beat out by 2 pair. I'd match rather get 2 suited or connecting cards.

I will say I hate pocket Ks. I feel like they give you a false sense of security because most times you are up against at least 1 A and most times they pair up.

If I had to pick a favorite pocket pair, I'd probably have to say Js or 8s. They seem to hit the board a lot and so you have a good chance of getting a set.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules