pocket pair

A

A80Tracon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The pocket pair you hate to see when there is alot of action before you?

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the style of the players, but under pair of 10 it is not worth playing out of position.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Pair

First, if there's a lot of action before me PREFLOP? unless I have the AA's I'm out.....why? Because 9 times out of 10 someone else has them or at least one in the chamber and that's all you need to beat KK.

For me, it would depend on the lowest card on the flop. Let me explain. If the flop reads:

6 J K

I would hate to have a pair of 5's or lower. If the flop reads:

A Q J

I would hate to have a pair of 10's. I feel like the minute a villain bets no matter what they've paired it beats what I have. However, this one is a little bit different than the one up top because this one can possibly produce a straight. So if the villain's bet is not too crazy I would call hoping to turn or river a K for a straight.

Generally if I don't flop or turn at least a three-of-a-kind before the villain starts betting all crazy I'm out anyway......and that's whether I have KK's or 22's.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have any pocket pairs that I would hate. I think there is simply no point in hating a pocket pair, because the final decision on how to act is made by the player himself and not his pocket pair. :)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Basically, when there's a lot of action and you hold from 22 to 99, is not very good, unless you make a set. But take this 'hate' off of your heart.
icon10.gif
. Even an 'American Airlines' on the pocket is not very good when there's lots of action.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any pair other than AA or low pair. because AA can push all in and low pair can call or fold. a lot of action before means good cards, so outs. more low cards left in the deck to hit a low set. but beware of higher sets or better.

mandachuva

mandachuva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small par and large pair

I do not have any pocket pairs that I would hate. I think there is simply no point in hating a pocket pair, because the final decision on how to act is made by the player himself and not his pocket pair. :)

Small pair, play more passive, high pair more aggressive ... always aiming to crack the small pair, and if you make a mistake you have to fold. tall pair: we can't fold glgl

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hands like 99, TT and JJ are difficult to play if you have raise and serious reraise before you. They are not weak enough to easily fold but are also not top so that you easily put all chips in.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to play with pairs of 7-6 than QQ JJ ... easier to let go, and even easier to surprise with trips