Is PLO more bankroll safe than hold em?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering and thinking to myself is Omaha pot limit more secure and safe with bankroll management compared to NLHE? In PLO you can't go all in unless you and your opponent bet the pot and re-raise in a tug of war bidding war back and forth fighting for the pot. Whereas in NLHE you can just literally shove all in. What do you guys think?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i don’t think there’s much difference there. It depends more on the buy in levels than on the game you play. If you don't want to play a game where you can just go all in then you can also play other limit games. if no limmit holdem is nothing for you then you can also try limmit holdem. There are many ways to find limmit games in other variants. But to be protected against an allin too early does not mean that you protect your bankroll better. You do this by paying attention to how much you are wagering from your bankroll.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is safer to play holdem, although it depends on which mode you are more used to

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two completely different games, two completely different bankroll management. Then again it two totally different games in tournaments. PLO is a game on its own. All in villains, are far and few, sounds like someone’s calling 4 bet shoves from KK\AK/AA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering and thinking to myself is Omaha pot limit more secure and safe with bankroll management compared to NLHE? In PLO you can't go all in unless you and your opponent bet the pot and re-raise in a tug of war bidding war back and forth fighting for the pot. Whereas in NLHE you can just literally shove all in. What do you guys think?

Personal, amateur opinion:

Completely different, and definitely not more secure or safe by BM compare to holdem. Simply if you just see the variance factor is wilder in PLO, so obviously need higher BM and count on wilder swings. I like to play PLO only for fun, because there is more action (tried it seriously, driven me insane, so that's not my game), but that's the only positive thing what i can add compare to Holdem.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
each has a strategy

each one has a strategy and I like to play holdem because I get a good hand and I see that I'm winning I hope they page my allin because it will be more profitable than limiting myself with a good hand, for example.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

No, your bankroll is not safer in PLO. This game is so swingy and although it is Pot Limit there are so many situations where the pot will becomes huge, even on the flop because several players could have great hands on the flop. In many situations all the money will go into the pot before the turn or river because you have to gamble with a huge draw or you have to protect your nuts on the flop. PLO is a rollercoaster ride for your bankroll.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, your bankroll is not safer in PLO. This game is so swingy and although it is Pot Limit there are so many situations where the pot will becomes huge, even on the flop because several players could have great hands on the flop. In many situations all the money will go into the pot before the turn or river because you have to gamble with a huge draw or you have to protect your nuts on the flop. PLO is a rollercoaster ride for your bankroll.

This is the cold-blooded truth! You can't help but to think if somebody has pocket aces or a guaranteed set it definitely is a rollercoaster.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO is a higher variance game than NLHE. However, most players are more knowledgeable in NLHE than PLO. Variance can be reduced PLO to NLHE if you feel have an advantage of PLO knowledge over the average player

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
banckroll seguro

hello . nothing is safe in poker, but if you can control your bank a little more if you play pot limited

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion not, because it is much more active than holdem and often bets the whole pot for any draw

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO is a bank roller coaster. Your NL bank is a lot safer in my humble opinion.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several players with 4 cards behind the most diverse combinations ... So far for me Holdem has been more "safe" even NL (I believe that the required bankroll for PLO is also bigger)

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if cash is not very good, tournaments are good, but there is much less

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think omaha is a more complex game than hold'em, with four cards in the hole, it is easy for newbies to misread his hand, and because there tend to be intensive actions in omaha, players can get lost in the game quite often , so it is a dangerous game.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's exact opposite. PLO has more cards and hence, bigger chance to make a hand even with a "bad" starting hand.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

pot
limit yes but on the other hand the game has more variance.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management does not depend on the type of poker. Since these are the rules following which you play based on your capabilities.

Safe Poker Sites Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management