PLEASE READ!!! ..bad customer service by poker host?

YRC BABY

YRC BABY

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i qualify for the wsop weekly final which is a feeder to the monthly final where you can win entry into the wsop. to qualify for the weekly final you have to finish top 20 in the freeroll to wualify for monthly u have to finish top 20 in the weekly final...get it..lol..so i make the weekly final and the lobby says the top 223 players will win satellites to the monthly....so after playing sometime im down to 53rd out of like 427 players and everytime someone gets knocked out even at 129th place it says the won there sattelite to the monthly final. so i just go out at 53rd or so because it says im qualified. i check the lobby for the monthly final and my name is on the list. a week later i check the lobby before the tourny starts and my name is gone. so im pissed naturally...i talk to customer service and they inform me that it was a computer glitch and has been corrected...furthermore they do nuthing to compensate me. like re-enter me into the weekly final so i can qualify again for the monthly.

what are your opinions as to what i should do??

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Did you get put back on the list that you won a seat for? (Sorry, I'm having a hard time following your post.)

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robbed, nothing you can do. Damn some of these small sites though....cannot trust their bad customer support, and I guess their overall structure as a company. If its a freeroll they can do whatever though.

Last edited:
Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm?

Are you saying they acknowledge that their computer glitch has removed your entry and will not replace your name on the next registration/winners list?

I have had the same situation and it was easy enough for them to locate my placement on a backup. Request that they attempt to do the same to confirm your win. When I win a ticket or placement in a new game (this may be too late to remedy this game) I always save a screen shot with my name - the game I was in to win an entry and the ticket or registered player's screen.

Some sites e-mail a confirmation that will serve as proof. A site that is unable to reconstruct a valid win is not a site worth playing on - which site is it?

Merlin333 :cool:

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Many sites e-mail a confirmation that will serve as proof. A site that is unable to reconstruct a valid win is not a site worth playing on - which site is it?

Poker Host.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to avoid pokerhost like the plague, they have in the past and still continue to be a bit on the shady side IMHO

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I dont think ppl are understanding what the OP meant, The tourney NORMALLY pays top 20, due to computer error the payouts went to top 223 players instead of top 20, the OP finished 53rd so he would not have won if it was running normally.
From what I know if there is a computer error, all prizes are null and void. From what I can see they owe him nothing as it was a freeroll, as it is free to enter he can re enter for free.
This is exactly the reason that you should always play to the end.
He knew what the payout struture was and tried to take advantage of an irregularity. In this instance I agree with Poker Host.

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmmm, I'm wondering

How are you aware that those are the facts of his situation?

I am not saying you do not. I certainly cannot develop what you have from his information, I'm wondering how you know what you have said to be the facts of his situation from reading his initial posts - especially his motive to take advantage of a situation.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think ppl are understanding what the OP meant, The tourney NORMALLY pays top 20, due to computer error the payouts went to top 223 players instead of top 20, the OP finished 53rd so he would not have won if it was running normally.
From what I know if there is a computer error, all prizes are null and void. From what I can see they owe him nothing as it was a freeroll, as it is free to enter he can re enter for free.
This is exactly the reason that you should always play to the end.
He knew what the payout struture was and tried to take advantage of an irregularity. In this instance I agree with Poker Host.
Exactly as I understood it, also.

How are you aware that those are the facts of his situation?

I am not saying you do not. I certainly cannot develop what you have from his information, I'm wondering how you know what you have said to be the facts of his situation from reading his initial posts - especially his motive to take advantage of a situation.

Because Zorba can read. Can you?

If you came here to satisfy your need for pedantic arguments again Merlin, please don't. It has been so peaceful here lately. Try CardReaper.com. I've seen that they could use some spicing up.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think Zorba eplained this one right on the money. Top 20 wins seat to next round, 53rd doesn't get a seat to the next game. Pretty simple

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
i qualify for the wsop weekly final which is a feeder to the monthly final where you can win entry into the wsop. to qualify for the weekly final you have to finish top 20 in the freeroll to wualify for monthly u have to finish top 20 in the weekly final...get it..lol..so i make the weekly final and the lobby says the top 223 players will win satellites to the monthly....so after playing sometime im down to 53rd out of like 427 players and everytime someone gets knocked out even at 129th place it says the won there sattelite to the monthly final. so i just go out at 53rd or so because it says im qualified. i check the lobby for the monthly final and my name is on the list. a week later i check the lobby before the tourny starts and my name is gone. so im pissed naturally...i talk to customer service and they inform me that it was a computer glitch and has been corrected...furthermore they do nuthing to compensate me. like re-enter me into the weekly final so i can qualify again for the monthly.

This is why Merlin, I highlighted it and enlarged it just for you.:D :cool: He knew that top 20 get the prize.

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
?

It is a little childish to jump on me for asking a simple question - clearly you are the one "trying to spice it up". How a supposedly grown person could so easily make such a response as yours is beyond me.

My question was simple enough for a 6th grader to understand. As I am not aware of the game or site I was simply wondering how she could get all of that information along with the statement he was trying something. I don't get what she did - can both be "qualified".

If you are too small-minded, sensitive and immature to read something without being so easily offended and the need to come to simpleminded defenses, particularly when no offense was intended, maybe you should go to cardreaper (whatever that is).

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
It is a little childish to jump on me for asking a simple question - clearly you are the one "trying to spice it up". How a supposedly grown person could so easily make such a response as yours is beyond me.

My question was simple enough for a 6th grader to understand. As I am not aware of the game or site I was simply wondering how she could get all of that information along with the statement he was trying something. I don't get what she did.

If you are too small-minded, sensitive and immature to read something without being so easily offended and the need to come to simpleminded defenses, particularly when no offense was intended, maybe you should go to cardreaper (whatever that is).

SHE,:p I wish I was I would be rich.:p
BTW calm folks calm

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm II

Well ......

Zorba I think your initial line ("I dont think ppl are understanding what the OP meant") said it all. You did not take from the responses that people understood what the problem was - perhaps I did not. That is why I responded thusly.

It is unfortunate that this site has a couple of people who are not mature enough to make a civil, intelligent comment or disagreement without childish, little attacks and berating other forums for no reason it is small and sad.

(this comment is in response to MrSticker's remarks)

Last edited:
Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LMAO! I even said "Please", but that doesn't stop him. He just goes on and on and on... This guy's a real peach and way too funny.

S

S_C_Russell@hotmail.com

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
surly you knew it was a mistake i had the same problem.....grin and bear it

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Never play at Poker Host again.

What happens sucked, saying you had already qualified then withdrawing it, but all you need to do is a forum search or a websearch and you'll find out all about Poker Host. Chances are no-one's going to the WSOP from there anyway, .

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Answer................

LMAO! I even said "Please", but that doesn't stop him. He just goes on and on and on... This guy's a real peach and way too funny.

"Please" or not you remark was small and unwarranted.

I'm glad the original author was mature and smart enough to not childishly take offense where none was intended - it is clear why you were. Its kind of funny to see someone running around, as if they were the "blog police" starting arguments about other's posts. I was not aware that is a duty you are charged with. Are you a moderator? Do you own this site? Are you the arbiter of who posts what here? Of course not. If the original authors have not taken offense, then why are you so anxious to start and keep an argument going?

Others have warned me of you - and it appears they are right, you are worth no more of my time.