Playing poker every day

S

shair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not profi and don’t play every day. I though that playing everyday don’t mean being in professional. For example, car manager go to work everyday but sold only 2 car, another car manager go 4day in a week and sold 3 car, because he understanding human queries, be active or else.
It means everyday playing is good for practice but you must look for your strategy, opponent playing, think about your chance of card,etc.

alexkit13

alexkit13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend is professional poker player and he plays about 25 days per month and 4-5 hours per day!)

N

Nidghogur64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For success, you need to spend as much time on training as on practice. Read books about poker, watch training videos, study posts on forums, deal with your own hands, in which you think you could play differently.
Apply the knowledge gained in practice and you will see the result

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think player 8 hours a day 7 days a week will make you better player. My opinion: u can learn all pro informations in a month or two.. and use them perfectly in 2-3 months.. Afterwards it all about luck. anyway three days a week per 2-3 hours is overjoyed for cash game. And once a week Friday night for example or when ever you have time play 8-10 hours big tournament.

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course that makes you a better player, the more hands you have, the more experience you have ... And I do not know how much hand it takes to become poker pro but I think it counts in millions ...:rolleyes:

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is much more important to play rested then play daily. And relax .

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play every day becomes a mental exercise that favors decision-making, nothing better than practice, practice and practice to improve

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be a better player you have to balance the playing time with study

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't gain experience from a book, experience is important! Also important is studying. Play when you feel like it, take a day off when you feel like it.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i try to play as best it is nothing but when i play for rest, fun it is best.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doing anything every day will make you better

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that Im on vacation, I play everyday and YES I can see how my mind is making better decisions day by day, it really helps you a lot playing poker on a daily basis

F

fmhealth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A book I read about a year ago that states if you want to be a winner in any field it'll take 10,000 hours of experience. Based upon my business career, I would tend to agree with this.

So, 50hrs/week x 50 wks = 2,500 hours/year. Appears as though you're looking at around four years to achieve the necessary skill & experience level to attain your goal.

Of course, YMMV!!

Be Well,
fmhealth

G

gabriel_souza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it works, but not as fast as we want. That's why it is good to study by the books.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need to play every day. It's important that you are focused on the game when you are playing.

I

imdabest101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently, I play everyday. 3-4 days live and the other days online. I can tell that my game is improving everyday. I also believe it is good to take a day or two off to rest because burnout will happen and its -EV; trust me.