Playing poker with a full time job

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To hope for earnings from poker you need to consistently play plus a long time. Even if earnings from poker than from the basic work, I would not put it on the first place. First of all I prefer a stable job and a stable income. Of course, if you have a large income from poker (enough to live on and still remains), and you believe in yourself - you can spend most of the time for the game.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play cash games if your trying to play successfully, tournaments were created for the suckers to bring players to the tables. Not saying their can't be winning, and consistent tournament players, but the money really is in the cash games.

Also if you want anything bad enough, your always find a way to grind through it, and do it. Theirs stories of people working 100 hours a week starting businesses from nothing, because they were determined to do it.

A full time job, with playing poker is very doable.

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably need a special talent to be successful at once in professional tournament poker and daily work. Too much effort and concentration takes the first and the second and whether there will be time and energy to something outside of work and poker

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now a lot of interesting tournaments are short, if there is not enough time for the big tournament.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I repeat - it is impossible. Choose something one.