Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Is poker a skill or luck?
There are many figures bandied about that it is 60% Skill and 40% Luck, or 90% skill and 10% Luck, the Truth is nobody really knows the exact percentages involved, How can you measure the Immeasurable? I think the closest anyone has come close to measure luck is to study "Biorhythms" which some suggest you are naturally lucky on some days of the month, and suffer bad luck or misfortune on others, That's why we have accidents etc.
It is an Interesting theory and you should "Google" it to find out more, But whatever the percentages are, be sure that both play an Integral part when it comes to Poker!

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is necessary to work on the game, I also leave some percentage for luck. In general, you need to work on the game, which is the main factor

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I think it's more luck, because you can have as much skill as you like, but you can't win without luck. And there are players who only win by luck

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker is a game that depends on how to play as well as on luck because knowing how to play in the long run will win luck if it's a long game of poker just luck is needed in poker and it's very important at the right time but still it affects 10-20% of the game when skill is 80% so I think if you play great you'll win

T

tovas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
if don't study 20% skill , 80% luck

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the combination of two things: Skills and Luck.
There is no invincible player and no player who never wins something. Reality is getting lucky on the right day and being able to use luck.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need both. But in the long run skills and a good poker mentality are more important than luck.

I Identify as a Shark

I Identify as a Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It's a combination of skill and luck, with skill outweighing the latter. The more you study and improve your game, the less luck is involved. Something like that, haha!

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I remember that a FullTilt advertisement in brazil a long time ago said: if poker is luck, why are the winners always the same?

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is poker a skill or luck?
Poker is both skill and luck. Both of these factors are important and crucial. But besides this, poker is also patience, discipline and perseverance.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Of course is more skill than luck but to win a tournament u need luck is a variable of this game

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Poker is a combination of skill and luck that requires decisive thinking and the ability to analyze the situation.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck intervenes, variance but with good bases of knowledge and constant long-term study, the two factors that I mentioned at the beginning are no longer determinants to have good results, also a good management of emotions is essential to have good results.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my opinion, poker is primarily about patience. If you are patient enough, then you will have a chance to succeed. Luck, skills, experience, all this is important, but without patience, nothing will happen for sure :)

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
no doubt poker is a game of luck, but now the players are changing, working on their game, plus solverpoker is becoming a very serious game