Playing online poker at work.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Few years back I played stars on the work computer and I never got caught. But it's probably because they allow us to browse internet during work hours and don't really care about our usage. If you work for that type of company than yeah go ahead, if on the other hand you work for a company that does not allow browsing sites then you better forget about it.

The only way this happens these days is that the company you work for has zero IT knowledge and doesn't care that their business is wide open on the Internet.

My new employer won't even let me access my Gmail account over their network - let alone something like Cardschat... or PS

sCATpoker

sCATpoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice would be just do your job and do what you are getting paid to do. Before they find someone that would gratefully have your job. After you get fired or layed off whichever the case may be there is lots of time for Poker. Believe me I know from experience. Just be glad you still have a job and do what ur getting paid to do..just my opinion...I wish I still had a job so I didn't have as much time for poker. However between unemployment and microstakes cash games I am making the same amount as I was at work ...however the day is much longer and pay is not gauranteed. Anyway Good luck with playing at work ...just doesn't sound wise...I mean Have you weighed the consequences. for example are you ok with losing your job at the risk of playing a few hands is it worth it...if so than by all means good luck at the tables.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way this happens these days is that the company you work for has zero IT knowledge and doesn't care that their business is wide open on the Internet.

My new employer won't even let me access my Gmail account over their network - let alone something like Cardschat... or PS

Not true. I work for a media company. It is actually a #2 media company in the world. They have a huge IT department but my company just isn't into blocking people from internet. They have nothing against it. As long as you do your job it's all good.

L

luke124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why dont u just play poker on your phone when at work

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why dont u just play poker on your phone when at work
AFAIK, you can only play on Stars on your phone and Americans can't do that. The App also isn't out in all countries where Stars is available.

zveri666

zveri666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
may i ask what do u do at work? I wish i had a job that allowed me to play poker loll
I meant, i job that allowed me to play poker time wise, not rule wise. sorry for the confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker at Work

Bad Idea! Don't do it. U will get caught and fired. I know several who have bit the dust.

A

aceblack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Surfed for an hour yesterday at work

Update: Surfed through the VPN for about an hour yesterday at work. Checked mail and other stuff. No problems. Next week Ill download the poker software and give it a shot.

To the guy who made the $100 bet. Ill take it if its reasonable. Whats the time limit? Maybe 2 weeks playing 1 hour a day.

domeburglar

domeburglar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this hour/day your lunch break or something? Cuz coming home from work (3pm-3am with my zero downtime other than my "lunch" break) and seeing this post about surfin the net for an hour just crushes my soul haha

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would if I worked with you man it would be a fun prop bet but not this time.
You should play poker while surfing at work that would be sweet.
Get a water proof I-Pad :)

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not just get a mobile phone that can play online, or just bring in a small tablet computer,; ipad/andoid whichever.

I'd recommend not playing at work though lol.

Last edited: