playing online poker?

blade1984

blade1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been told that in June or July it is goinging to very hard for any USA poker player to cash and onlinepoker room checks because of some dumb law that starts then ... i need to open a bank account in some other country .... don't know if that will work or not

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been told that in June or July it is goinging to very hard for any USA poker player to cash and onlinepoker room checks because of some dumb law that starts then ... i need to open a bank account in some other country .... don't know if that will work or not

Don't get any notions of opening a Swiss acount.

They dont offer current accounts only savings and usually require a minimum of $50K.

Just thought I'd save you the time and effort of finding out about Swiss banking!

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently the laws are ambigious at best,,The Main thought is that It is illegal for both the bettor and the fininical institution that processes the money. The Feds are making noise that they may investigate banks for processing the payouts?? But that is up in the air. If you are not moving thousands of dollars then you will probably not be noticed. Then again, the court may rule the law too broad and strike it down. The banks may use their lobbyist to alter the law? If you are not thinking of running for President of the US or looking to the CIA for future employment,,,or,,,moving 10s of thousands of dollars around..Then
Dont Worry,,
Play Poker,,,
And have em mail you a check,,then go to a check processing place to cash it:)

I suppose this is off topic, but its along the lines of the grammar thing. I have horrible grammar myself, but there is something I have been wondering. Is the use of commas instead of periods something that comes from learning English as a second language? I see a lot of people using ,,, as an elipse instead of ... I'm not trying to correct any grammar, I'm just wondering. Thanks.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a bill doesnt get passed soon(June),for financial institutions/payment processors will stop working with poker sites.So we all must make alot of noise now.Email,call,visit your Congressmen!

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How was this post over looked,i lmao.Wait should i went.then,or was,then.cool o well.

Some of the CC members who post on here use an auto translator. Most of them from my experience, aren't the greatest at translating poker lingo. Maybe English is OP's 5th language? Maybe OP doesn't have much of an education? In other words... who cares... why comment about it? (I don't get it???:confused: )

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If a bill doesnt get passed soon(June),for financial institutions/payment processors will stop working with poker sites.So we all must make alot of noise now.Email,call,visit your Congressmen!

So will there be mass withdrawls happening in May? (followed by even bigger withdrawls (jonesing) by players going busto & not being able to continue playing/donating to online poker).