Playing for fun. ..........where's the fun in that

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing for fun can be okay if you play the right game. does it have to be poker? there are other games.................I know that's blasphemy..lol

If you use chips though, people start to treat them as money and psychologically they fight to keep them. or, you could play tournament style and have a small buy-in for 1000 chips. option of re-buy up to the house.

Or you could say: hey guys, let's watch a movie or do something else tonight!

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear jokerTHEace,

Well, I think the answer is rather obvious. Your wife wants to chat and bond with her friends but she doesn't want to exclude you either. What she would probably prefer was for you to get some friends of your own and let her have her girls night but no, you have to be that guy.

So wanting to play for cash when nobody actually wants you there in the first place is just sad. And it embarrasses your wife. She doesn't want her friends to think that her insecure husband has a gambling problem as well. Stop it.

My advice is to get lost on Friday nights and let your wife have some space. Go out and make some friends of your own or go find a card room and play poker with people who wants to play for cash.

Got it? Good. I'll send you the bill. :D

Dr. Hennie

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
let me change this to your lovely son or daughter, who wants to play poker with you for a whole friday afternoon, for freeplay. would u feel fun to spend some happy time to play with him or her???

PS: if you love money more than your family members, think there is no fun.:D:D:D

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried

The last time I asked to do something else, I had weight women giving me dirty looks. So you know what it is like to have 16 eyes starting at you in discuss? It was like high school all over again lol. Will try this weekend again but my death is on your hands lol

playing for fun can be okay if you play the right game. does it have to be poker? there are other games.................I know that's blasphemy..lol

If you use chips though, people start to treat them as money and psychologically they fight to keep them. or, you could play tournament style and have a small buy-in for 1000 chips. option of re-buy up to the house.

Or you could say: hey guys, let's watch a movie or do something else tonight!

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm. .......listen closely

First off I have plenty of friends of my own, second I'm not insecure nor do I have a gambling problem. Let me guess your a feminist Democrat, seems that way since your putting all the blame on me (the guy). I've tried and my wife gets upset when I leave, says I don't like her friends. Before you go pointing the finger at the male, maybe you should know who your talking about. You can't stick the bill up your. ........well you know!

Signed,
Conservative coonass

Dear jokerTHEace,

Well, I think the answer is rather obvious. Your wife wants to chat and bond with her friends but she doesn't want to exclude you either. What she would probably prefer was for you to get some friends of your own and let her have her girls night but no, you have to be that guy.

So wanting to play for cash when nobody actually wants you there in the first place is just sad. And it embarrasses your wife. She doesn't want her friends to think that her insecure husband has a gambling problem as well. Stop it.

My advice is to get lost on Friday nights and let your wife have some space. Go out and make some friends of your own or go find a card room and play poker with people who wants to play for cash.

Got it? Good. I'll send you the bill. :D

Dr. Hennie

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Children or different

My kids like to play and gamble match sticks
But my wife and friends want no chips or money or match sticks
let me change this to your lovely son or daughter, who wants to play poker with you for a whole friday afternoon, for freeplay. would u feel fun to spend some happy time to play with him or her???

PS: if you love money more than your family members, think there is no fun.:D:D:D

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you are a gambler)))

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker without money is like baseball without keeping score. The betting is the main part of the game, it's where all the skill comes in. I'd suggest a small wager, just to keep it interesting, but since you're saying you win every week it's probably best if someone else makes the suggestion. Maybe try to throw a few games before changing things.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fun is where you get to bluff and take everyone's chips by either bluffing and winning when you have nothing. Absolutely the challenge of been able to beat every player at your desire pretty much.

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing for fun and I enjoy it! In that way I am learning more about the game and I'm preparing myself for the real thing someday! Soon I will try myself in the game.Wish me luck!;-)

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last time I asked to do something else, I had weight women giving me dirty looks. So you know what it is like to have 16 eyes starting at you in discuss? It was like high school all over again lol. Will try this weekend again but my death is on your hands lol

I feel for you. Good luck.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add more! Poker without money - it's like Trinidad without Tobacco, like a dog without a sausage, the first wedding night without a bride! No, of course, you can and so, but the meaning is lost))

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But in general I suggested to persuade my wife's friends to play with a small, perhaps purely symbolic rate - then you can justify the bar for the weekend))) Well, at least for desires, you can and not vulgar - for example cleaning the house, or something like that)) )))

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol

Good luck

I am playing for fun and I enjoy it! In that way I am learning more about the game and I'm preparing myself for the real thing someday! Soon I will try myself in the game.Wish me luck!;-)

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every Friday my wife has friends over and they want to play cards, knowing i love cards there is always an invite. But wait. .......they want to play for free! Although it is good practice to play different people, playing for fun. ....well we all know what that is about. So this last Friday my wife was upset I didn't want to play because there wasn't a buy in and the outcome is always the same. I win. Anyone want to help me figure out a way to make it fun so I don't get in trouble for not wanting to play? Women, I'm counting on yall for this one

AHAHAHAHHAHA
That's funny, I have some friends that play for free also, it really makes me mad, there is no point of playing for free, specially when you don't play serious as they do, so I play without any excitment but that's ok, I guess you can do is to play and do other stuff, on cellphone, or I don't know..

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play on the desire to receive at least some interest in watching the game again, what will be desires

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A family I am friends with has a 25/50 cent NL Hold em game every week that I no longer get invited to.

You see, to them sure it's no limit but no one ever raises more than the minimum and everyone calls virtually 100% of the time. So I asked, "what's the max bet" and they replied, "whatever you want."

I learned that night that betting $100 a hand into a $2.50 family pot is frowned upon.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep the stakes really small and even though you can play with money or chips may be she will agree if the winner gets a bottle of wine at the end of the day instead of money. If different couples are hosting, they could be responsible for buying the wine.