Has playing drunk helped you lose at poker?

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
gambling and alcohol is a bad combination. I think this thread has already been touched upon. One drink or a beer won't make much difference, but more will.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I had a few (many) beers and then I went to play poker, I had a $164.00 cashier and ended up playing wrong and lost $130.00 drunk, now I don't play anymore after drinking a lot, I've already managed to recover $50.00 dollars and I will try to retrieve the rest.
One time I was playing Texas Hold'em, and I was so drunk I thought I was playing 6-card Omaha.:ROFLMAO:

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned early on in my career to keep this out. Drinks are for socializing. Poker is all business.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have never in my life played poker drunk, I think it is a bad idea to do it, that's why it is a great lesson that you have learned, you lost a lot of money in a couple of hours because of your state, very good that you have recognized your mistake and that you never make it again, because it is very true, nobody wins at poker drunk, on the contrary you lose a lot.
I don't drink to get drunk just for the taste one glass of win . So alcohol is not for playing better is a way to lose your control and thinking.Thats my thought

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundamental rule never enter into any dispute when drunk. It's defeat for sure, whether in poker or any other modality.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Slightly drunk it is pleasant to play, but concentration is lost. Excessive self-confidence of drunk people plays a cruel joke with them:cool:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it even helps... play more boldly

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker drunk is definitely not the best idea, it's the way to empty your bankroll

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Drunk is Always bad, but some beers can help sometimes, at least to me.

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once i did but i was too sharky them in one play i lost everything :ROFLMAO: i never repeat it

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
drunk never play any games) it is always -EV at a distance, even if you suddenly manage to win something then you will definitely lose later

Leonamanci0

Leonamanci0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Honestly I kind of wanted to experience that lol, but of course playing for a cheap buy-in, therefore, following my management. I could see this way if I would be able to stay focused despite being drunk.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.In my case, once was enough.I just lost a few dollars in that session but I didn´t feel comfortable playing under the effects of alcohol.Fortunately,, I could log out that night on time and avoid losing more money unnecessarily.It is a good lesson to learn.It is much better to play sober.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are times I wish I were drunk to be confindent enough to call/bluff

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how you can sit down to play poker while drunk or under the influence of alcohol? It's never happened to me, and I have my own rules on that.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I very rarely drink alcohol.
In my opinion, alcohol impairs concentration. Of course, sometimes I played drunk, but on those occasions I mostly just lost money.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never drink alcohol when I am playing poker! I only drink water. I need concentrate 100% in the table 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

treblek1

treblek1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A few beers during the game is normal, but playing with a drunk head in the end you lose more than you win.In the morning you look at your account and regret it :D

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play seriously, it's better not to drink, although for some it gives a lot of confidence, but as for me at the right time it dulls and you will lose everything you have, but if you play for fun, then why not.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Drunk of green tea maybe, not alcohol.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny question. Yes, beer was definitely beneficial. But I also can loose in sober state!