Playing a monster post-flop

S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, i'm curious for some advice as to how to play a monster hand, post flop.

What I mean is, say you raise in LP with AQs, flop comes down QQ10, or QQ6, or QQK. How would you play each of these respective flops in position against say 1 or 2 opponents?

How would you get the most value from your hand in each of these situations?

Similarly, say you play suited connectors and flop a flush?

Is there any sense to c-betting these hands?

Normally i'm an advocate for c-betting mostly all of the time, but what's the point if you're inevitably facing a fold from your opponent?

Thoughts?

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think your question is to braod to ge many answers, try creating some mock HH to post in the hand analysis section and post them one at a time over a couple of weeks and you will probably get more attention.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think your question is too broad to get many answers.

Agreed. My answer to both questions is 'it depends'. First off, you didn't say if the flop was a rainbow. But in the case of QQ10 or K, I might be more nervous about a straight draw than a flush, and would bet out. If someone called your raise preflop, chances are he's got an unrelated pair (good), or a couple high cards (bad). In the case of the QQ6 though, I might check the flop & hope someone will bet or catch something on the turn.

Your suited connector question depends on the cards. If low, and a 4th of the suit hits the board, you're in trouble, so I'd come out & bet big here. If one of my cards if an ace, I have to check the flop, and hope a 4th of the suit comes.

What is 'c-betting'?