Not open for further replies.
SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just watched a YouTube video about a guy who suspected he was playing a bot. He learned the Bots rules and was winning for awhile but ended up getting busted when the bot hit a 2 outer on the river.
So I went to the poker site and looked for that bot. I didn't see that one, but I did find an obvious bot on all the HU tables, on every level. No one was playing him.
Why is an obvious bot not being removed from the site?
Has anyone tried challenging a bot and were you successful?
I'm tempted to try. Might be easy money if you know its rules.

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How was it obvious it was a bot, if you didn't see it play?

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are two of them. One is name anonym1 and anonym2.
Their on all the HU tables, from the $10NL all the way up to $1000NL
Seems pretty suspicious to me.

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, that evidence doesn't make it case-closed that it's a bot.

Why not ask the site?

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, you're right. It's not proof. But it's obvious the same person. You're not suppose to have more than one account per site. So either it's the same person, or friends. I'm betting on the same person.
Plus I checked back in, and they were still there after a few hours. No one playing them.
How long would a human sit staring at a screen for hours waiting to play someone?
I'll check back today and see if there back.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you sure it was the same player? Were you looking at anonymous tables? That would explain the name. And the number would just be what seat they are in. A lot of sites have anonymous heads up tables.

B

Bobomb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you don't know what happened while you were away, right?

Or even if they were the same people? Some sites display players as, for example, "Player 1, Player 2" until you sit down and put some money in. Since you're being cagey about what site it is, no idea if that's the case here, or if they're anonymous tables - but I'd say either of those are more likely than bots on a reputable site.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok you got me. I'm an idiot. I never knew about anonymous tables. I just googled it. I guess I better stop watch YouTube videos, or I might start believing the earth is flat! LOL
Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.