Play Through or Take a Break?

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when we have those bad spells, it is better to have a break of a few days, to remove that bad luck, because it plays demotivated and deconcentrated, and the chances of losing continue are greater.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in same positon and i just decided to take brake from playing,but im still going to watch videos,learn...

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Losses are hard to accept. It comes about as a result of our strive for excellence always as well as the addictive nature of gambling.

Somedays you can fight through a tough stretch and bounce back and recover your losses immediately. Other days it just aint your day and the harder you try the worst you make it, on these days just remember everything will be easier tomorrow.

Figuring out which kind of day it is the hard part. I usually use two guidlines to know if I stop. If I starting play poorly (calls and raises that don't make any sense) I stop and if the bad luck spots keep happening my judge for this is if I loose 4/5 spots with 80% or more equity all in.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In theory, break is better. In my reality, I try to play through, with dire consequences in most cases.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must keep playing.Everyone had some bad periods in his poker career.You get some bad beats and demoralized.All will be okay.Just continue to play.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are so important. Many players lack the discipline to take enough breaks, they lose a lot of pots needlessly as a result. 60-90 Mins is really the max anyone should play for before taking a break. That's how I do it anyway. 90 Mins on, 30 Mins off. Repeat until bed.