play poker skill or luck?

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a well balanced game if skill and luck, the skill brings out the growth and interest of players and the luck is 10 fun of the game.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my view poker has 90% of our training and discipline another 10% is on our luck on the day.
because if we play only by luck we will win from one to three hands and look at it more if you have patience and constant training you will go far so I think you better get used to it because poker is skill and not a game of luck ....
so let's take our skill and enter the cyclones in the americas cardroom there are some cyclones going 0.10 cents to increase until reaching the 8,000,000 tournament
Well, there is no such small percentage of luck can not be in poker! Here is not less than 30-35% and it does not decrease with the distance!

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite the two being present, surely more skill than luck, otherwise it wouldn't be my hobby

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its like in other sports offensive wins games defensiv championships. You could win some nice hands with luck, but on the long run if you would be a profitable player you must be good, using tool like hud, think about the theory, try to be better every day.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
50 and 50

I say that half and half, when you don't have good hands, you have to learn to cheat your opponent, like professional players do.

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Royal Flush ! )

Hello, Friends! ) In this post, I would like to ask you and find out.Have you ever,namely at pokerstars, caught, gave you a Royal Flush !? (10 queen jack king ace of the same suit!? )

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is a moment of luck

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, poker is 80% skill and 20% is luck. For me, skill and experience will always come first.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think the game of poker is skill and luck, two in one.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
short run : luck + skill . but the luck factor can break you and it is a big factor

long run + bankroll and tilt management : pure skill

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting what I learned in the last two tables, I was inclined to the fact that the study was better than luck ,,, conclusion of moments that I had to live in many hours of and thousands of hands played, every hour I combined them with hours of study, and my conclusion is that luck plays a fundamental role in our game, of course that not everything is luck, pacencia and what we learned with our game strategy has the same value of luck, the variance of the game, which is in many occasions or for or against ,, deduction ,, 50%. luck and the other 50% of, be patient, study ,, mental game and never pay to lose ,, the most important thing in that it is few losses and excellent you win ,,, luck whatever your percentage ,,,

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play and deal with real money, then playing for luck is obviously a losing option.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker requires skill and luck, 80% skill 20% luck, it's always a fight of skill against luck

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one seems to factor in that it's a program. Run by a computer,....programmed by a person. with a set of parameters that they have to work to.....and you still thinks it's skill and luck!

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill + luck + emotional control
+ physical preparation + bankroll control = invincible player

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a combination of both, in the long term the ability is the predominant one.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the both points are very important but I really think that luck is necessary. Some idiots who have luck earn really much money.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Both come into play all the time but over a very long period then skill will always win

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well skill is obviously an important factor, otherwise there wouldn't be people making a living out of it. The percentage you used there I'm not sure if I agree nor if it's possible to actually quantify how much luck and skill there is involved. If you're a pro playing HU deep against someone that know's shit about poker I'd say skill is the most important factor there by far. If you're playing on a tournament with 1000 people where evetyone knows well the game, but you're a bit better, luck will probably play a more important role than skill in this case even though your skill is "better". Now to be a profitable poker player luck only counts to a certain point. If the way you play is EV- you can only be profitable to a certain point, maybe some weeks, months or even a year. Now ifthe way you play is EV+ you may loose money for this amount of time, but in the long run you should be almost guarenteed to make money, and the opposite apply for the EV-. So if you take a single tournament match, maybe you can say that luck was a 90% decisive factor for the win, and if you take a deep HU match skill was 90%. Now if you take 10+ years of playing, you will see that skill is probably somewhere close to a 99.99% factor to make money, and luck has almost no importance.