Phil Laak breaks 7 bones

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I saw that the other day, could have been a lot worse.

It was Antonio Esfandiari who first published the pics, with Phils permission I'm hoping. Maybe there was a bet behind it ? (the publishing, not the crash).

You don't think they staged it as a bet though right ? Don't think they would go that far.

C

CheeseMaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow he got banged up...good thing he is okay. He is a pretty good poker player.

M

mikejm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just saw him get knocked out of the national heads up poker tournament. he played pretty bad. i wish him a speedy recovery

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It was Antonio Esfandiari who first published the pics, with Phils permission I'm hoping. Maybe there was a bet behind it ? (the publishing, not the crash).

You don't think they staged it as a bet though right ? Don't think they would go that far.

Who knows? They do like there side bets lol. Maybe there tracking forums to see if they can get 10K+ posts about his injury lol.
I'd say this was a normal accident tho, thank god it wasn't worse. I like Phil Laak, he's a good person.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He claims it was a 'traffic accident'. So did Tiger Woods...

TheOne2Watch

TheOne2Watch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man, looks like he got pretty banged up! I'm a fan of Phil Laak...sorry to see that this happened to him. At least he has Jennifer Tilley as his in home nurse! ;)

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is typical for him. Action & Surprises ! Once he took part at the wsop as an old dirty man (with make up and so on). I wish him all the best, God bless Phil Laak and his beautiful poker girl ...

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow,broke 7 bones. DId he happen to have one in Jennifer Tilly at the time?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I believe it is more than likely that there was a bet behind the crash (or at least the events leading to the crash) than the publishing. I've read articles by Phil that eluded to some wild betting habits and this seems like a likely pregression of the prop bet.

Anybody know how severe his injuries are? 7 bones sounds like alot, but I've broken 9 bones at once before, but it was just my hand and wrist. I'm hoping that his injuries are not that severe, physio is a bitch.

Last edited:
ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow!!!

Anyone know if it was a prop bet? I wonder what Jennifer Tilly said about this? Them prop bets r getting more ridiculous........lol:confused:

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow,broke 7 bones. DId he happen to have one in Jennifer Tilly at the time?

Someone had to say it !!!!

:congrats: :D
(sure that's the first thing we all thought, but you were the first to actually say it). :eek:

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No hospital has time in the emergency room for a FAKE accident!:mad: :mad: :mad: