Phil Helmuth can't afford One Drop buy in?

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think the $1million buyin tourneys are a joke and not really real as no poker player with reasonable bankroll management could afford to buy in and nearly every1 gets staked.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does it mean to be "in form"? Never heard that term before

Ever heard about a soccer play in form or out form? This is exactly what he mean here. A poker player in form meaning he's going well and winning money - running good. Not in form meaning he wasn't running good and didn't want to risk 1M, because yes, even for Phil 1M is a lot.

J

JackGrey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil's a decent nl holdem player but not really top caliber. He plays so weak, always checking, even with the best hand, and only reraising when he has the nuts. I think most of the guys in the one drop would just run him over

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil's a decent nl holdem player but not really top caliber. He plays so weak, always checking, even with the best hand, and only reraising when he has the nuts. I think most of the guys in the one drop would just run him over

Phil has EIGHT wsop bracelets in no-limit events, and one pot-limit bracelet as well. He's either the luckiest player in the history of mankind, or he's somewhat better than decent.

I'll leave it to you to figure out which, Jack.

-DOO

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very few players actually spend their own money to play it. Most sell shares

gotheartido

gotheartido

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
smart man to not risk 1 million of his own money being a pro u got to sell shares for these events who has a comfy bankroll to just take 1 mill shots lol

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 million BI is to much and almost didnt make sense.

blitzenfish

blitzenfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whether or not Phil is "worthy" or has the stew to compete in this charity event, he like others, are going to sell shares. Smart BR management. I also think it is absurd to think that he can't compete at this level.... "BLING."

K

kazzer200

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont like hellmuth he goes on all the time but he nooooooooo good

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has an infinite bankroll and respect to your question, because you think that says that without serious luck the best player in the world?

He is the best player I know who has an excellent bankroll management, I wait until the Late Registration wing who buy the remainder of its action in the tournament, such as happened he decided desisted shareholder purchase and phil does not play the tournament.

finding is the best that I can give!

and you are saying?

X

xRedhood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone explain the financials a bit more? Utilizing percentages and stock isnt very intuitive for me.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil can afford the BI and he is definitely good player that can win the one drop tournament by skills...

F

Frankie40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How anyone can say he isnt a good player is silly. He has more bracelets than anyone and reads most players better than others. until someone wins more, it is pretty hard to say he isnt really really good.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no single "poker player" who can afford to pay $1M themselves for tournament buy-in while maintaining good bankroll management. Business billionaires are whole different story.

I think that Phil Hellmuth has much better bankroll management and net worth than most highstakes players.