Phil Hellmuth's last hand in the 1999 WSOP

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'd rather see Hellmuth than Tony G. at the tables.

YouTube - Worst Attitude In Poker

I went to a Q&A session with the Devilfish at the Oxford Union not too long ago and somebody asked him about TV poker, how it's produced, who plays for the cameras etc.

And Devilfish ranted for about 5 minutes on Tony G, saying how when the cameras are rolling he comes out and plays it up for them but he's totally mute when the cameras are away.

I'd like to see how Tony would react if he lost that hand, he wasn't a massive favourite, although he got his opponent on tilt nicely it seems (or is he just a fish)

I also know how Hellmuth feels, played in a live 200 man rebuy sunday, and some drunk guy re raised my button raise (I had KK) with A9, I push all in (he previously re raised an all in with 55 and caught a 5 on the river a few hands back), turns the ace, and I stand up few obscenities, call him a donkey and that he wont cash :D We were the 2 big stacks on the table, and after knocking me out he was probably chip leader, prob about 30 left at this stage, and he finished 10th, getting £100 only in a 10k PP (Winner took nearly 3k)

C

chop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow this tony G guy is a real asshole
his hand was not that much better than the KJ, it only gained a bigger advantage because they both had the same suit, but he couldnt know that before they went all in.
my guess is that he does that to put players on tilt, ugly tactic but i guess it works.

J

JFizzer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth and Tony G just make watching poker that much more fun. These guys crack me up with their antics and rants on other players.

RISKY 101

RISKY 101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doesnt everyone say dont talk down upon the fish for the fish will leave...

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW. I dont know if it would end well if someone was ripping into me like Tony G. was.

IMO He should be put on the Bench.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I'd rather see Hellmuth than Tony G. at the tables.

YouTube - Worst Attitude In Poker

What's worse than a sore loser?

A sore winner.

This guy makes me consider becoming a fan of Phil Hellmuth.

On a side note, I watched Phil in the 2009 Heads-Up Championship, and he handled himself pretty well. He wasn't hesitant to give props to his opponents that he defeated, and although disappointed, he handled himself pretty well when he was defeated.

FREEROLLSFTW

FREEROLLSFTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the link doesnt work anymore it was took down, anyone know any other links where i can watch the video?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the link doesnt work anymore it was took down, anyone know any other links where i can watch the video?

No clue. I didn't even know people had posted in this thread recently until yesterday, lol.

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands