Paranormal's get chips early MTT strategy

Paranormal

Paranormal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all i dont claim to be the best player or anything like that i am just going to explain how i get chips early

1.) when holding hands like AK-kk-aa-qq-jj dont bet 3bb. what i mean by this is if the blinds are 30/15 early in a tourney instead of raising to 90 like your suppose to, raise it 180 or so. i do this for two reasons

the first reason being you want to build bigger pots with these hands..

the second reason is early in a tourney people are trying to play small ball poker on you. the way to beat small ball is to bet it up and put pressure on people. although this seems like to big of a bet people will still call this to see a flop they just cant help themselfs when holding 3k in chips they think if they hit they can get paid off...

2.) when holding hands like 99- 78 suited in later positions if there are limpers raise it up and isolate people.

in early stages people are trying to play crap hands. trying to see the flop for cheap. you can represent big hands at this stage without actually having them. you simply want to steal pots preflop or with a cbet on the flop. if you run into trouble you can get away without losing much.

now if you hit with these hands they will pay off great.

3.) when you hit a flop huge say ak and the flop is ak4 dont bet the pot keep people fishing around betting a little over half the pot.. then on the turn bet about half the pot.. if they go to the river and its a blank then continue to value bet.. simply put you want to keep extracting chips from someone without scaring them away.

4.) do not be afraid to call 3bb raises with suited connectors and small pairs. this is the time when you want to play these refer to step 2.

5.) when you hit a monster flop let the other player do the betting for you . for some reason people have ego issues and they feel like you are weak for just calling and will try to bluff you out basicly let them give you your chips.

these are a few things i do to accumulate chips early in a tourney . now alot of it is vague and will depend on flop texture and how other people are playing.

ill probably add more to this later if you have any questions

Paranormal

Paranormal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one more thing i wanted to add is suited connector flops say you hit a flush draw dont be afraid to bet them and get the pot going so you can win a good pot

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice thread Para i will defenetly keep it in mind when im playin ;).
And im speacily gonna try it since if seen some of your deep runs in the RR board.

Keep it coming :)

Poker Chips - History of Chips