Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to share with you the discomfort that I experienced in several gaming sessions, where I only achieved defeats.
It's a frustrating and disheartening feeling when everything seems to go wrong at the poker tables. Those cards that you expected would turn into wins turn into a losing streak and an unfavorable outcome. Every bet you place seems to be answered by an opponent with a better hand, and every strategic move you plan seems to fail.
As defeats pile up, trust is shaked. I begin to question my abilities and decisions. Doubts arise about my ability to read other players, read the situations, and make the right moves. This lack of confidence can lead me to play more defensively and passively, further hindering my chances of success.
In addition, consecutive defeats can also have an emotional impact. Frustration turns into irritation and even anger. The feeling of helplessness in the face of negative circumstances can be overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like giving up and leaving the gaming table.
However, even in the face of these grim defeats, it's important to remember that poker is a game of skill and also of variance. It's normal to go through periods of bad luck and hardness. At these times, it's important to keep my head up, learn from mistakes, and continue to improve my skills.
I find strength in perseverance and in the ability to overcome adversity. With each defeat, I try to learn valuable lessons and reflect on my moves, seeking to identify improvement points. I remember that in poker, a single hand or session does not define my skill as a player.
That's why, even in sessions full of losses, I remain hoping that the next game will be better. I believe in my potential and in my ability to recover. Poker is a game of ups and downs, and it takes resilience to deal with losses and continue to seek success.

The anger is great but the hope that everything will work out is much greater!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think when the circumstances are is much better stop to play or take break and after that you can come back, you should have more selfcontrol play with emotions into us make take bad decisions. Take a break relax analyze if you made a mistakes correct that if you play well and lost, this poker while they have probability, maybe will happen.
Good luck.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would like to share with you the discomfort that I experienced in several gaming sessions, where I only achieved defeats.
It's a frustrating and disheartening feeling when everything seems to go wrong at the poker tables. Those cards that you expected would turn into wins turn into a losing streak and an unfavorable outcome. Every bet you place seems to be answered by an opponent with a better hand, and every strategic move you plan seems to fail.
As defeats pile up, trust is shaked. I begin to question my abilities and decisions. Doubts arise about my ability to read other players, read the situations, and make the right moves. This lack of confidence can lead me to play more defensively and passively, further hindering my chances of success.
In addition, consecutive defeats can also have an emotional impact. Frustration turns into irritation and even anger. The feeling of helplessness in the face of negative circumstances can be overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like giving up and leaving the gaming table.
However, even in the face of these grim defeats, it's important to remember that poker is a game of skill and also of variance. It's normal to go through periods of bad luck and hardness. At these times, it's important to keep my head up, learn from mistakes, and continue to improve my skills.
I find strength in perseverance and in the ability to overcome adversity. With each defeat, I try to learn valuable lessons and reflect on my moves, seeking to identify improvement points. I remember that in poker, a single hand or session does not define my skill as a player.
That's why, even in sessions full of losses, I remain hoping that the next game will be better. I believe in my potential and in my ability to recover. Poker is a game of ups and downs, and it takes resilience to deal with losses and continue to seek success.

You wrote an excellent essay that captures the spirit of having faith in yourself, even failing. You are a winner! ❤️

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It is really a difficult stage when you enter into a cycle of defeats.
I wish you a future full of success.

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, I think that when the circumstances are much better, stop playing or take a break and after that you can come back, you should have more self-control, play with the emotions in us, make bad decisions. Take a break, relax, analyze if you've made mistakes, correct if you play well and lose, this poker while they have the chance, it might happen.
Good luck.
Thanks for the lucid comment!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Hello brother.
Well I think that above all I prefer the final part of your beautiful story.
The most important thing is the absolute self-criticism of yourself regarding the game.
First for me you must ask yourself...how do you see things going in life??? I'm happy???
This is what counts first, then poker is in the background.
Here I am going to correct you only in one thing, maybe when you understand this you will begin to improve your anger.
Poker is first a card game where there is strategy, skill, perceptions, etc. But there is also a fundamental factor that is LUCK.
Your game may be excellent, but if at that precise moment you play, you don't have that share of luck, nothing you do will be worth it.
Look today, for example, I played a cardschat freeroll of 300 that won prizes at poker stars.
I have an AKs in SB and I 3 bet. BB makes me a 4 bet. I 5 bet, and BB goes all-in.
BB shows KK.....Showdown xKAxA
I put a full house on the river to a compatriot of mine.
Who played better??? We both played well. Preflop and post flop Villain had the winning hand, and I was lucky on the river.
At that time I was ranked 1st in the MTT since I held for quite a long time, until I had a couple of bad hands, not bad decisions, but bad hands. In other words, hands in which I did not have the same luck as in the first hand.
And well, I ended up at 38 if I remember correctly.
This is so brother. That's why I don't play so many tournaments, but more than anything I play cash.
There I am very profitable. Because in last cash you can fold and see the next hand.
On the other hand, in an MTT you must be constantly trying to raise the blinds, so that your stay in an ITM is feasible, until you even reach the final table and win the tournament.
Playing cash if you know how to do it is much less exhausting.
The biggest frustration in MTTs is being left out of the tournament, if you have a streak of being left out, out, out and out, it wears you out a lot.
And I'm telling you this because it's something that happened to me a long time ago, and that led me to take a long break, because the same thing happened to me as to you in the first paragraph of your story.
If it serves as advice, take it into account.
Play microlimit cash, get a good bankroll, so after a while you can face tournaments with more peace of mind, without the need to win or win.
Greetings brother, and I congratulate you for your story:):):):)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Preaching to the choir... I empathize as well as sympathize w/you since I'm a victim of downswings myself. I can tell you that it can be character building and you should receive some massive xp's.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, or so they say. In poker that is extremely true, imo. I try to learn from my mistakes and take the bad beats w/a grain of salt. Sometimes they're the size of an entire livestock salt-lick but I manage. I also try to remind myself that it's just the variance that gets me and not necessarily that I suck or something's flawed w/my overall play.
I guess what I'm really getting at is to not be so hard on yourself. I mean, if you're anything like me then you're harder on yourself than anyone else could ever be. Just try to be gentle to your psyche. I "say" this to reiterate it to myself as well; still licking some wounds, too, lol. GL man. :)(y)

bardhylmemaj

bardhylmemaj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AL
Chips
Is bad day. For me is monday. No play poker. And have AA, LOST.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Colleague, I share and subscribe to what you said, that's right!! patience, perseverance and courage!! I wish you the best in the future and you will surely get it greetings and GG at the tables

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I totally agree with everything you wrote... and I hope being one day as wise and strong as you.
Just one word to add : Poker is a crual but wonderful game and I really love it.
But in my humble opinion, there is nothing more important than life.
So enjoy your life and live each day as if it was the last one.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Play microlimit cash, get a good bankroll, so after a while you can face tournaments with more peace of mind, without the need to win or win.
Hello colleague. Know that many times I entered the cash microlimit game and within an hour I managed to collect a few nice dollars which is very comforting after failing in a tournament

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, you have serious intentions and you are an optimist. Only optimists can succeed in poker, pessimists should find another hobby. Every player has bad days and on those days I just take a break, rest and do other things.
Good luck.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Downswings are rough but from personal experience it's far better to take a break, analyse and study for a month or so rather than to grind through it and simply 'persevere'.

Firstly it's much easier to burnout or let it get to you when things aren't going your way.

Secondly yes, while there are occasions where we hit a serious pocket of negative variance and it really doesn't matter what you do everything will go wrong regardless, these are fairly rare and more often than not extended losses would imply that it is more than purely bad luck and in some way or other we need to address, correct or improve our game.

The key thing is that poker is dynamic and there is the old adage that it is a journey, not something that is ever 'mastered'.

So for me and my game for example, I think it's the kind of thing that is universal to some degree, it's very imperative that I am able to objectively and honestly identify and differentiate between when I have played correctly and been truly unfortunate or if I could have made better decisions, played differently or not played the hand at all.

When it comes to such matters outside perspectives can be extremely useful because we can be great at deceiving ourselves sometimes! Cognitive bias they call it... ;)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I am personally familiar with your feelings from failures, these are already ordinary moments in poker for me. Yes, I despair, but I learned to stop at such moments, stop losing my deposits, but just take a break, get distracted by other things. Friend, I wish you to get into such moments as little as possible:)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello colleague. Know that many times I entered the cash microlimit game and within an hour I managed to collect a few nice dollars which is very comforting after failing in a tournament
Hello brother @A kiravio how are you so long???
See if microlimits is a good way to build a stack.
There is a lot of fish on the tables, and if you have the skill and enough strategy accompanied by the necessary touch of luck, good dividends can be made.
My specialty is pot limit Omaha, but for Holdem players it's similar.
There are a lot of players who come in with $10 and want to make a fortune in one day.
They call every hand, they open-raise every hand, and if there's one thing in poker that's true, it's that you can't open-raise 50 hands in a row, you can't get lucky every hand.
Therefore, you have to be cautious, take note of all the players you play with, spend some starting money looking at hands to see how the opponent plays, etc.
Once you take all these details, then everything begins to become easier.
Greetings brother, and good Sunday to you and your family:):):):)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello brother @A kiravio how are you so long???
See if microlimits is a good way to build a stack.
There is a lot of fish on the tables, and if you have the skill and enough strategy accompanied by the necessary touch of luck, good dividends can be made.
My specialty is pot limit Omaha, but for Holdem players it's similar.
There are a lot of players who come in with $10 and want to make a fortune in one day.
They call every hand, they open-raise every hand, and if there's one thing in poker that's true, it's that you can't open-raise 50 hands in a row, you can't get lucky every hand.
Therefore, you have to be cautious, take note of all the players you play with, spend some starting money looking at hands to see how the opponent plays, etc.
Once you take all these details, then everything begins to become easier.
Greetings brother, and good Sunday to you and your family:):):):)
Good tip but I only played holdem, but if the pool is full of fish (and sharks I think) I'll jump in and test the water 😀

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good tip but I only played holdem, but if the pool is full of fish (and sharks I think) I'll jump in and test the water 😀
hahahahahaha:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Really look at the fish and sharks you recognize instantly.
A player who folds 10 hands in a row and then enters a hand very cautiously does not mean that he is a liability, that is most likely a shark. And then, being like I am at a table at pokerstars for at least 4 hours, you realize that the insurance is your shark brother, in the end you and he entered with 80BB and ended up with 300BB, they got tired of fishing.
And in turn you see the fish from your first hand. The fish enters the table and if he 3bet the first 3 hands, well start enjoying the belly, because sooner or later he will fall into your networks.
Another detail, the sharks go very little allin preflop, well in Holdem this situation could occur if you have premium hands preflop.
But in Omaha it's different, you can have AKsAJs a premium hand, you pay an allin and one of these guys thought of calling with 3456 unsuited, and the showdown was 337Q10 for example, the one that became a fish is you.
That's why when I play cash, I generally go allin against low-chip stacks, for example a player who has 27BB and goes allin, and I have a good combination, I already pay it. Losing 27BB doesn't make me lose sleep because in general a bad day for me is starting with 80BB and ending with 150BB. I usually always finish above 250BB.
I'll tell you something that happened to me yesterday. I will only tell you the hands so as not to make everything so dense.
There were 2 fish on the tables that were constantly limping. I had won good hands at both of them.
One of them from UTG opens pot with QQ42
I only call with AJsA10S, look at what hand I have preflop.
And the other fish from BB raise pot with KK38
The one from UTG goes allin.
I fold with that premium hand.
And the one from BB pays allin
showdown 45K54.
If you see the hands, not even the UTG fish, I beat him with that hand.
The 2 made a trio against me.
So brother, you have to be very smart when it comes to playing cash.
You don't have to be overcome by emotions.
Look, I'll make you an extreme case. Assuming that you in cash holdem have KK and someone else goes all-in against you. You put together 400BB of the initial 100BB you came in with in 3 hours of play, and this character in front of you goes allin for 400BB.
See if you are not convinced because you think that he has AA, or if you think that luck may be with him because he has 77 for example and can hit the 7 at showdown, fold directly and don't call.
Because when you start playing cash, you already consider this as a job. If I made a production with effort and time in 3 hours of 4 times the initial blinds with which I entered, the question is, why am I going to lose all the effort of 3 hours in just one hand???
In truth, this thought has given me a lot of results, I read this from a poker player who talks a lot about what it is to play cash.
Well brother, that's the explanation of fish and sharks, the good thing is that you made me laugh with your comment hahahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hugs:):):):):)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think all poker players go through that, it's certainly frustrating, however that's the way of poker and you just have to get up and keep going

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I know the situation and you're right because it doesn't matter at all if the opponent has AA 😀 I don't even know about him after an hour at the table, many times I could pay them all at once 😃, but I didn't go to omaha still on the money. hope fish jump 🤣🤣🤣

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm personally familiar with your feelings of failure, these are already common moments in poker for me. Yes, I despair, but I learned to stop at those moments, stop losing my deposits, but just take a break, be distracted by other things. Friend, I wish you to enter these moments as little as possible:)
Thanks for the power... And if you want to play poker for free and paying well, I suggest you go play the 3.5K tournaments at Americas Cardroom, which still pays 3 bountys of 1K each if you eliminate the creator of the room! GL!!!

Fabriart

Fabriart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello brother.
Well, I think most of all I prefer the final part of your beautiful story.
The most important thing is the absolute self-criticism of yourself in relation to the game.
First, for me, you must ask yourself... how do you see things in life??? Am I happy???
That's what counts first, then poker takes a back seat.
Here I will correct you on just one thing, maybe when you understand this you will start to improve your anger.
Poker is primarily a card game where there is strategy, skill, perceptions, etc. But there is also a fundamental factor, which is LUCK.
Your game may be excellent, but if at that exact moment you play, you don't have that share of luck, nothing you do will be worth it.
Look today, for example, I played a 300-card freeroll in the chat that won prizes on Poker Stars.
I have AKs in SB and I play 3-bet. BB gives me a 4-bet. I bet and BB will go all-in.
BB shows KK... Showdown xKaxA
I put a full house on the river for a compatriot of mine.
Who played better??? We both played well. The pre-flop and post-flop villain had the winning hand and I was lucky on the river.
At that time I was in first place in the MTT since I held on for a long time, until I had some bad hands, not bad decisions, but bad hands. In other words, hands in which I was not as lucky as the first leg.
And well, I ended up with 38, if I remember correctly.
That's such a brother. That's why I don't play so many tournaments, but most of all I play for cash.
I'm very profitable there. Because with the last money you can give up and see the next hand.
On the other hand, in an MTT you must be constantly trying to increase the blinds so that your stay at an ITM is feasible, even reaching the final table and winning the tournament.
Throwing money if you know how to do it is much less tiring.
The biggest frustration in MTTs is being left out of the tournament. If you have a sequence of being out, out, out and out, it wears you out a lot.
And I'm telling you this because it's something that happened to me a long time ago, and that led me to take a long pause, because the same thing happened to me that happened to you in the first paragraph of your story.
If it serves as advice, take it into consideration.
Play microlimit cash, get a good bankroll, so after a while you can face the tournaments with more peace of mind, without the need to win or win.
Greetings brother, and I congratulate you for your story:):):)
Thank you for your support... Your words make me feel what a great player you are. I hope you find your path to success!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thank you for your support... Your words make me feel what a great player you are. I hope you find your path to success!
Thank you brother @Fabriart for your compliments.
I really don't know if I'm a great player, what excites me the most today is that after a lot of work and study, I'm becoming a profitable player, at least in the segments that I play, especially in cash games.
I hope that you also continue on the right path, all advice is always good and you have to accept it.
A hug brother:):):)

E

Elmenhorsterer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker success always is closer with luck, but Į think everyboby had those those days when everything is against you, also luck :) so sometimes luck is with, sometimes against you, but if you are doing more right desicion than bad you will reach success more often. If I think that I done right desicion I am happy even I lošt that hand or even maybe I am out of tournament :)

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hey! I'm going through the same situation and feelings.
Can I ask you what kind of buy in level do you use to play? And are you playing at the same BI level or did you lower it?