Other ways to increase rake?

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often wonder when one of the "rigged" threads crop up how many legitimate ways that poker sites could think up to increase their rake, rather than risking oblivion by juicing the games.

I've come up with a few ideas myself to start the ball rolling. I'm not saying that they would necessarily have a big impact on rake earned, but if a site were going to risk all by doing something dodgy (for an increased rake which is questionable) then surely they would explore all legitimate ways of increasing rake first.

Here are my suggestions, I'm sure there are many more clever / innovative people out there that can think of more / better ideas?

• Reduce the amount of thinking time allowed
  • Reduce the sit-out time
  • Limit the number of people on the waiting list (thereby ‘persuading’ players to join a table that’s not already full or start a new one)
  • Develop “Mac friendly” software. Okay, I realise that some sites are already moving in this direction, and for those that are not it would require more effort than juicing the existing software, but the benefits would also be far greater I would have thought.

P

pastel deck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe i'm missing something obvious here, but why does it matter if software is mac-friendly?

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps it's me that's missing something (it certainly wouldn't be the first time) but my understanding is that many / most poker room software is not Mac compatible. That means (if I'm correct) that Mac users can't play there. If the software were Mac compatible, the poker sites would get more customers. More customer = more rake.