Oops!

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever misread your hand whether you were tired or just careless? Let me give you an example. I got dealt 5c, 8s in the big blind. Only two players called so I check. The flop comes:

7c, 8d, 5s

I bet the minimum for middle pair and straight draw. One player calls. The turn is:

2s

No help but I'm still in good shape. I raise it to $100 (the blinds were $30) and I think to myself that I need a 9 for a straight. The river comes up 9d. Yes, I got the straight. I go all in and the other player calls. He shows Ac, 9s. I laughed and cheer. Then, the chips go to him and my mouth dropped.:eek: Why did he win? I looked at my hand history and then realized. I was missing a six for a straight! I slapped my forehead in stupidity. Has this ever happened to you?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep.. went all-in once cause I thought I had pocket JJ's when it was J,Q.. and someone called.. forgot what with.. but remembered I was tired though. He won by the way..

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks to me like you still had 2 pair to his pair nines? maybe a typo?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
JAMILE1 said:
Looks to me like you still had 2 pair to his pair nines? maybe a typo?
I was thinking the same thing...

But yeah, I have done this before. I've even misread my winning hand, and almost folded it! :p D'oh! Yeah, that's my sign to go to bed....

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t1riel said:
Have you ever misread your hand whether you were tired or just careless? ... I slapped my forehead in stupidity. Has this ever happened to you?

I've done it a couple times with heart or diamond flushes. When I relax focus, they both look the same. I've thought I had a flush just to realize 1 of the 5 is the wrong suit. "Der-da-Derr!"