Online poker, confidence or luck

HennieP

HennieP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This question is raised almost every week. The short answer is that major online poker rooms gains nothing from rigging the system or cheating in any way so they won't do it. They stand to lose billions of dollars in revenue if they do so it's not worth it.

Also keep in min that when you're playing poker you are not playing against the house. You are playing against other players. What could a poker room gain from making one person win over another? Nothing. They will get the rake regardless of who wins.

The reason why people feel that online poker is rigged is because you play a lot more hands per hour than you could at a live event so you end up seeing a lot more bad beats and miracle cards.

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still fuming. I was deep in a tournament, placed about 6th/40 remaining from over 1100 and I got into a flip situation with another big stack for the lead. He raised 3 bigs, I shoved with Jacks. He called and turned over 10s. My heart skipped and I grinned like I'd already one.

He only hits his two-outer on the river!! I could have smashed my phone..

1noname1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that online poker is honest with respect to the players, because the rooms do not make sense to deceive them and so they earn on rake.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ has failed me...get this 3 times in a row now deep in big guaranteed tournaments either knocking me out completely or crippling me. My jj post flop push after a flop of 9 2 4. Guy has Ace 9 and is all in and immediately hits the set of 9's on the turn which holds. Next is my all in push with JJ push all in in on the short stack. Guy calls off his entire stack with Ace 3 and knocks me out flopping the ace. Then last beat I push post flop after hitting my set of jacks with one heart on the flop. Dude calls off 75% of his stack with 2 overs no str8 draws KQ hearts. The board runs runner runner hearts giving him the flush. Yeah jacks can blow me lately...

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ has failed me...get this 3 times in a row now deep in big guaranteed tournaments either knocking me out completely or crippling me. My jj post flop push after a flop of 9 2 4. Guy has Ace 9 and is all in and immediately hits the set of 9's on the turn which holds. Next is my all in push with JJ push all in in on the short stack. Guy calls off his entire stack with Ace 3 and knocks me out flopping the ace. Then last beat I push post flop after hitting my set of jacks with one heart on the flop. Dude calls off 75% of his stack with 2 overs no str8 draws KQ hearts. The board runs runner runner hearts giving him the flush. Yeah jacks can blow me lately...
Wow. That sucks man. I dont see how people shove up on you with A,3 man. Shit just cracked my A,J close to the bubble last night too. Crippled me.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep sometimes you need a little luck. I have won thousands off thar site so I know run good comes and goes.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the player needs confidence and luck, I trust poker sites but it's hard to play online poker when you do not see the reaction of players through the computer, it's hard for me but I'm playing

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust online poker much more than real one in life. There are a lot of cheaters in the real life. Every second player holds an ace in the sleeve, Literally!

C

celo945

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust, but not 100%, and I think not only how real or online you have to have both.