OMG I've Been Robbed by Online Poker

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw this software on tenbob's blog, offers a graph of total winnings vs. sklansky bucks. From what I can tell it basically tells how lucky you've been, ie how much you should have won vs. how much you did win. For example my understanding is if you go all-in AA vs. KK and lose, you still win 80%*pot in sklansky bucks. Not sure how it does the calculations for when there is future betting, but take a look at these graphs. The first one isn't too alarming, so I've had a bit of bad luck. It's this year so far which is 14,392 hands.

The second one however, is astounding. All time since I purchased poker tracker, 59,548 hands. Over a $1200 difference in actual winnings and sklansky bucks. So the question is, which stores take Sklansky bucks?

I still contend the big problem was that I played at much too high limits, but what this shows is that if I had only had average luck when I moved up too high, that I would currently have an extra 1k+. Who knows what would have happened if I'd had a heater at the high limits. Anyway, here are the graphs.

Attachments

• skanskybucksthisyear.JPG
    skanskybucksthisyear.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 66
  • skanskybucksforever.JPG
    skanskybucksforever.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 66
jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, that seems like too big a variation over too many hands either you're the unluckiest person on earth or something fishy's going on ... is this software asking you for money perchance? What is it called anyhoo?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, that seems like too big a variation over too many hands... is this software asking you for money perchance? What is it called anyhoo?

No, title is PokerEV, it's in the beta and free. My question is whether it reflects a hole in my game because I'm with you, I don't see how I could get that unlucky over that much time. For example if it makes all the calculations preflop it would mean I'm misplaying flops and not getting enough value when I hit a better flop and am paying too many people off who hit. I've looked but I can't seem to find a place that describes how Sklansky bucks are calculated.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm you plot showdown winnings vs sklansky bucks to show how you're running. the total winnings accounts for non-showndown hands too, whereas SW and SB are strictly shown down hands. basically you're losing a crapton of money in hands that aren't being shown down. you're not necessarily running bad (plot a SW/SB graph to see) but there are obv leaks in your game.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm you plot showdown winnings vs sklansky bucks to show how you're running. the total winnings accounts for non-showndown hands too, whereas SW and SB are strictly shown down hands. basically you were losing a crapton of money in hands that aren't being shown down. you were not necessarily running bad (plot a SW/SB graph to see) but there were obv leaks in your game.

All fixed now :)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Graph since starting FR; I dare not look farther back. No idea how to interpret it aside from how I'm on a monster heater:

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 53
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm you plot showdown winnings vs sklansky bucks to show how you're running. the total winnings accounts for non-showndown hands too, whereas SW and SB are strictly shown down hands. basically you're losing a crapton of money in hands that aren't being shown down. you're not necessarily running bad (plot a SW/SB graph to see) but there are obv leaks in your game.

Oh ok that makes sense, also the majority of the hands in the overall graph were BCC (Before CardsChat) and although I'm not saying I'm perfect now, I was much much much much worse at that time.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Graph since starting FR; I dare not look farther back. No idea how to interpret it:

Looks like your v. lucky at 50nl/100nl :p (defo the right place to be lucky)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re-plotting now shows my sklansky bucks still above my showdown winnings, but only by about $25. Can you explain how Sklansky bucks are calculated and what showdown winnings mean?