****OMG its the Rocktober Poker chat thread****

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried my hand at mass multi tabling for the last hour or so. Playing 20-24 tables of 1/2 limit.

Not as hard as it may seem, but can't see myself doing it day in and day out going for SNE. Guess I'll have to move up in a few years when I go for it.

Just gonna go for SN next year, which shouldn't be to hard. Could probably do it this year but would have to play 5-6 hours 20 tabling 1/2.

If I can get to 3/6 on time and stay there I'm considering moving back to stars. I'd be platinum star for the first few months for 20% rb though :(

$60 away from my shot at 2/4

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I can get to 3/6 on time and stay there I'm considering moving back to stars. I'd be platinum star for the first few months for 20% rb though :(

$60 away from my shot at 2/4

Nice, whats your move up point? How many BB?

I figure if I can get to the point of playing break even/ winning poker at 3/6-5/10 in 2-3 years then I will go for supernove elite on stars playing for 3-4 hours a day.

110k For playing breakeven poker.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
smilegraph.png

so here's the graph of the guy i'm staking in sngs for the last several months -- he doesn't play huge volume so this really has been a while. swingy game huh. feels good to be out of the negative, just a brag on our behalf :)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice, whats your move up point? How many BB?

I figure if I can get to the point of playing break even/ winning poker at 3/6-5/10 in 2-3 years then I will go for supernove elite on stars playing for 3-4 hours a day.

110k For playing breakeven poker.

Shot point=300BB, actual moving up usually happens closer to 350-400BB, and my br is at $1228 now. So my next session will likely be 2/4

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I brought some poker chips here into work to shuffle... I did it for a few reasons... One because I love to shuffle chips... (don't ask why). The second reason is because it reminds me of my football, basketball and baseball years in high school...Mostly football.... Coaches had us carry a ball around school every few weeks to "bond" with the ball.... Sounds odd I know... but it make us want it even more and want the win even more each week.... So this helps me stay hungry for poker all the time!

Anyway I've been shuffling these bad boys night and day and my wrist is killing me! Mostly my forearm... I gave other thoughts on what it could be, but I believe its 100% the chips!!

Just thought I'd share that with you guys! :)

Doesn't that bug the hell out of ur coworkers, having to listen to you shuffling chips all day?

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't that bug the hell out of ur coworkers, having to listen to you shuffling chips all day?

Not really.... It's just my boss and myself in our IT department. He's far enough away that he really can't hear it. Plus our music mostly drowns it out! When I do it while he is at my desk he doesn't mind.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
smilegraph.png

so here's the graph of the guy i'm staking in sngs for the last several months -- he doesn't play huge volume so this really has been a while. swingy game huh. feels good to be out of the negative, just a brag on our behalf :)

so siq az fuq

ducwidt?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life sucks. Ran great then took a huge nosedive. Huge!

Took some time off... gonna give it another try today.

bleh rocktober!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
smilegraph.png

Whats that? About three broken mice and a smashed keyboard in that chart? As a sng player this graph makes me want to hurl or unistall pokerstars.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
66 hands into 2/4 single table shot and can confirm that it is not as easy as 1/2. lol

Will not be permanently moving up for quite a while me thinks.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 343884
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is CO with 6 :spade: 8 :spade:
3 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, MP2 calls

Flop: (5.5 SB) A :spade: 6 :club: 2 :heart: (2 players)
MP2 bets, Hero calls

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3 :spade: (2 players)
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls

River: (7.75 BB) T :diamond: (2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
MP2 shows Q :club: T :heart: (a pair of Tens)
Hero shows 6 :spade: 8 :spade: (a pair of Sixes)
MP2 wins 7.5 BB
(Rake: $1.00)

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Poker $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 343884
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is CO with 6 8
3 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, MP2 calls

Flop: (5.5 SB) A 6 2 (2 players)
MP2 bets, Hero calls

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3 (2 players)
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls

River: (7.75 BB) T (2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
MP2 shows Q T (a pair of Tens)
Hero shows 6 8 (a pair of Sixes)
MP2 wins 7.5 BB
(Rake: $1.00)

Wow... I'm sorry... How much did you raise on the turn?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
138 hands, 30/19/2.4. I limp too much obv, but there was a lot of lot of raies pf so more opportunities to get multi-way with sc's and stuffs, so not terrible

What was terrible is that I wtsd 37% and won exactly one of them. The one I did win I expertly value bet AKs and got paid by AJs. Sick session, but not too bad. Only down $40. But now I know it's going to take a bigger roll to move there. I may "continue" shot with my stack, which was $159 when I got up, later, but I may just head back to 1/2. I ran bad as well (obv), had AK/AQ about 7 times I'd say and the one time I hit my ace I ran into a set.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing only Limit Emperor?

I took a nice shot at 2/4 on UB a while back... yeah compared to my live 2/4 stats..... was not good at all!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sleeping >>>>>> lectures

in 2 weeks ive gone to 4 hours of class
this is the truth

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol well I go to more than 4 hours dont really see how you can pass going to 4 hours in two weeks lol Also your pissing money down the drain, we worked out it costs us like £80 a lecture and £100 a tutorial or something over the year

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do I keep having thoughts of selling my 360!?! My PS3 is pressuring me!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fact: i got to go spend a week in Israel 10 days from now for work.
beat: working week starts on Sunday over there.
extra beat: that means i have to fly there on Saturday afternoon, so that that weekend will last from Friday night to Saturday noon, which really does not qualify as weekend, imo.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fact: i got to go spend a week in Israel 10 days from now for work.
beat: working week starts on Sunday over there.
extra beat: that means i have to fly there on Saturday afternoon, so that that weekend will last from Friday night to Saturday noon, which really does not qualify as weekend, imo.

+ev: You might get to ride a camel taxi!

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing only Limit Emperor?

I took a nice shot at 2/4 on UB a while back... yeah compared to my live 2/4 stats..... was not good at all!

Yeah. Will move back to NL once I'm comfortably beating 3/6 me thinks. Not moving to 2/4 til I have 400BB's, it'll be a bit longer. Probably won't take a ashot at 3/6 till a min of $2k

I was due for a loss though. My graph has been going straight up for a week, so no big deal :) Still got $1100

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol well I go to more than 4 hours dont really see how you can pass going to 4 hours in two weeks lol Also your pissing money down the drain, we worked out it costs us like £80 a lecture and £100 a tutorial or something over the year

depends on how u learn. u can pass studying everything in the weeks before exams too if u like, just takes a lot of discipline and piling all your work in a short time
most of what i skipped is just profs following their book or ppt to the letter so that isnt really that big of a deal
some of the others ill have to copy some notes

ill be going to more starting next week im just lazy :(