Omaha, Hi lo or Pot limit

C

crseae123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I find I get more success in high lo reason being you have to ways to win you can have a bad hand and as long as you have low cards you can get something out of the hand

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are right but you forgot you only win 50% of the pot ;)

you could choose to play Razz instead :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I love Omaha hilo, there are more ways to win as you say and most people don't seem to understand there are more cards to make a lo hand than a hi hand in the deck but of course the goal is to scoop, I also like most lowball games especially stud hilo, badugi and razz(y)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I really enjoy both games Omaha / HiLo...but they can be frustrating when you're on a table of people that can't play.

Players just want to get their money in with trash hands. Holding the nuts on the flop is no guarantee you'll be holding it at the river in multiway pots. And some players just won't fold.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find I get more success in high lo reason being you have to ways to win you can have a bad hand and as long as you have low cards you can get something out of the hand
For fun, I prefer pot limit, but I confess that I am not familiar with the variation strategy.
But I like the game, I'm just too lazy to learn lol.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Both are great games and I like to play them both. But it takes a certain amount of time to learn the strategies.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love HiLo games. Feels like playing 2 games in 1 - high cards & low cards.. When I need a break from HE, I play Omaha H/L.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, there is no limit on the number of raises. The minimum bet in No-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo is equal to the big blind, but players can place any bet, including all chips. The game Five Card omaha poker is the second most popular type of poker, which is known as an action game.The rules of Pot Limit Omaha are similar to Texas Hold'em, but there are differences. What are the differences between Texas Hold'em and Omaha? At the table in Omaha four cards are dealt face down, while for Texas Hold'em the starting hand is two cards. Like Texas Hold'em, Pot Limit Omaha combinations consist of five cards. But to form an Omaha combination, two hole cards are selected from four hole cards and three common table cards are also used. Note this rule again - for Omaha poker, a combination cannot contain all four cards of a hand, an Omaha combination must contain ONLY two hole cards out of four hole cards plus three community cards. This is another difference between the rules of Omaha and Hold'em.According to the rules of Omaha poker, the bank limits the amount of bets. The minimum bet is 1 big blind and the maximum is the amount in the pot. The size of the pot is calculated as follows: the previous bet is tripled and the sum of the remaining bets in the current round of betting is added to it.When moving from Holdem to Omaha, players often make the mistake of overplaying starting hands with only two strong cards. In strong Omaha hands, four hole cards in a complex are good, and for the most part such starting hands include two strong cards from Hold'em. These are either suited cards or connectors, and preferably both - such combinations are easy to play postflop.