OK I Admit Im Still A Donkey

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep in mind I've been playing online poker for less than a month, but everytime I get around $5.00 in a bankroll I blow right through it at one of the 10 cent no limit tables. I know that you should only ever invest about 2-5% of your bankroll at one time but it just keeps burning a whole in my pocket so to speak. Terrible Bankroll Management I know.
:banghead:

Any advice would be apreciated but please note I also realize some of you think that I'm being to cheap in not investing any of my own money but right now between paying for school, beverages, and gas this is just my way of relaxing, having a little fun, and trying to make a little extra spending money.

I'm going to try my hardest to stick with my new plan of getting to the $50 mark before playing anymore ring games or low money tourneys. Wish me luck.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
post hands even play money ones in the hand analysis sections for feed back, or atleast read that section to see what people say.

kaiWalk

kaiWalk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to invest your own funds. Look up the Ferguson Challenge threads (there's dozens). They are in reference to Chris Ferguson staring from zero, playing freerolls to start a bankroll and growing it to $10,000.

His BRM advice (Online Poker at Full Tilt Poker - All Promotions: Chris Ferguson Challenge) is gospel and will give you a good perspective on playing within your limits and growing your BR.

Priorities are important too. School beverages are a necessity, errrr, I mean school and beverages, ehh, no I didn't. If it weren't for Michelob, I never would have tolerated my professors.

Good cards.

Joe Slick

Joe Slick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've been playing less than a month, you don't get to wear the title "donkey" - "rookie" or "newbie" maybe, but not "donkey".

The title of "donkey" takes time to earn. If you aspire to become a donkey you need to follow a strict discipline of not reading any poker books, ignoring solid advice such as is found here, have a willingness to keep depositing money at poker sites, and become proficient at NEVER learning from your mistakes. You need to know, in your heart, that any money won is due to skill and money lost is due to bad luck. Learning how to whine doesn't hurt either.

Most important of all, donkeys do not know that they are donkeys, but we love them anyway - especially when they're seated at our tables. :D

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You BAD donkey..... :D :D :D

Attachments

• 39174shrek2ad.jpg
    39174shrek2ad.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
J

janef13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Acceptance is the first step

You are not a donkey, but excited about poker. Take it easy and if you really love ring games, put aside a little of your stack on that and play the rest in tourneys. That is the best way to learn patience or even a sit-n-go at this point. I agree that if you are not disciplined don't start putting in your own money.

Jane