October 2008 Results Thread

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UM OH HI DER, I HOOKED UP WITH THE GIRLS OF MY DREAMS TONIGHT = AWESOME OCTOBER + LIFE IM DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WEEE>!
Obviously, just like poker, we need visual proof.

Attachments

• npics.gif
    npics.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5NL 6max with a shot of 10NL at the end.... good 'nufff

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 6
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is my October. I also made a little on FT but it's only a couple hundred hands.

Attachments

• october.JPG
    october.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 6
Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is my October. I also made a little on FT but it's only a couple hundred hands.

ugh :O what happened to make that so swing and straight down towards the end?

first part looks really solid.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
110k hands at 100nl FR =

+$1649

Total 37k Vpps for the month =

+$2100

Total profit for month = $3750 ish

Sick break even 70k hands stretch, even sicker 20 buy in d/swing at 33k hand point :eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• Oct 2008 Graph.jpg
    Oct 2008 Graph.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 7
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jason that is a sick amount of hands. Do you seriously have a job ?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason that is a sick amount of hands. Do you seriously have a job ?

Lol, I could easily got 200k hands for the month if I didn't have to go to work :(. Really struggled at the end, mainly coz I was knackered after work and couldn't be arsed playing.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been quiet about things of late as I've been dealing with this roller-coaster of fun. I'm not one to moan when things aren't going well and I hoped to post something when I'd got things firmly on the up.

Every sob-story you can imagine in there including some lovely double-stacks at 200nl going the wrong way and I've been concentrating hard to establish how much is avoidable and how much is variance doing it's thing.

Upshot is that I've dropped to 100nl to get back on an even keel and hopefully November will see a turnaround. I withdrew a significant sum when the pound hit it's low-point against the dollar and don't want to be topping back up.

On the plus side, biggest number of hands in a month ever and I've learned a ton :)

October

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some more over the last 2 days coz i figured i'd just have to grind out goldstar, about half HU and half FR just for the FPPs. Really not playing very good atm (tho getting set up pretty nicely), and definitely going to take a week off. I just can't stop making spewy call downs when i'm not "doing good" as much as i try :S

So ended up with 13k hands, 9.8BB/100 and $2650 total profit for the month.

Attachments

• month.jpg
    month.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played some more over the last 2 days coz i figured i'd just have to grind out goldstar, about half HU and half FR just for the FPPs. Really not playing very good atm (tho getting set up pretty nicely), and definitely going to take a week off. I just can't stop making spewy call downs when i'm not "doing good" as much as i try :S

So ended up with 13k hands, 9.8BB/100 and $2650 profit for the month.

FFS, what happens when you DO play good. Massive month for nl$100 well done.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FFS, what happens when you DO play good. Massive month for nl$100 well done.

I have no problem admitting that i fully deserved to lose money the last two days :)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refuse to post anything until the month is over. The days don't end until I go to sleep. I'm going for my first 6k month ever. I most likely will not go to sleep until like 9am tomorrow if I don't pass it and imo it will still be October until I go to sleep. All I can say though is that I had a massive fail for my goal in hands and massive success in $$$ :). (cue doomswitch)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jag, you played the same number of hands this month that I've played this YEAR!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Munch: Bad decisions

Belgo: Don't talk about the size of my sample! lol

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad with my month. Got my BR over 1K which is a record for me. Player for 4 years and never had so much in my account.

I know in comparison to a lot of other CC'ers it's not a huge amount, but I'm over the moon with it and look forward to growing it more.

Official results for October 2008 here.

Congratulations to everyone that played well in October.

Good luck to us all for November.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not going to post my whole month graph cuz I'm embarrassed by it, but here is a description of my month in 648 hands

Lol

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So including bonuses I'm at exactly 5801.65. I have enough money to enter a 5400. I've been the only one reg'd for like 10 minutes now though so if I sleep before I play it or end up losing it I'll just have to settle for it being by far my best month and just hitting 6k+ next month :). Overall ran at 1.85 PTBB/100, but as you can see there was a bit of a downswing in there with possibly some tilt involved (nah I don't tilt :)) and 1.85 is not terrible at the 200-400nl level playing as many hands/hour as I do.

Graph attached, and had 10 5400 wins for $214 each and a total bonus of $2140. Kind of a disappointment on hands though. After my 30k first week I realized I had schoolwork, midterms, etc. and wasn't able to put in as many hands. I'm going to need to put in 70-80k hands each of the next 2 months if I want to get that 200k milestone bonus (worth about 1.2k).

Attachments

• OctoberFinal.JPG
    OctoberFinal.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 6
PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I'm late to the party this month. I didn't play much in October at all. I messed around at .25/.50, but my profits came from SNGs/MTTs. So, after crunching a few numbers, I'm taking a month off from the ring tables. My plan is simple this month: build BR through SNGs and MTTs.

October Goals:
Clear deposit bonus. Success!
2. Post profit at PL($0.50) >=2500 hands. Failed. I was a marginal loser over less than 3000 hands.
3. Make my first withdrawal. Failed.
4. Learn how to use scripts. Success! (this was way easier than I expected)
5. Play more Razz. Success!
6. Win an MTT (this goal is staying here until I hit it) Failed.

November Goals:
1. Make my first withdrawal.
2. Post monthly profit at $10 SNG/MTT.
3. Move up to $20 SNG/MTT by month's end.
4. Win an MTT (this goal is staying here until I hit it).

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I'm late to the party this month. I didn't play much in October at all. I messed around at .25/.50, but my profits came from SNGs/MTTs. So, after crunching a few numbers, I'm taking a month off from the ring tables. My plan is simple this month: build BR through SNGs and MTTs.

October Goals:
Clear deposit bonus. Success!
2. Post profit at PL($0.50) >=2500 hands. Failed. I was a marginal loser over less than 3000 hands.
3. Make my first withdrawal. Failed.
4. Learn how to use scripts. Success! (this was way easier than I expected)
5. Play more Razz. Success!
6. Win an MTT (this goal is staying here until I hit it) Failed.

November Goals:
1. Make my first withdrawal.
2. Post monthly profit at $10 SNG/MTT.
3. Move up to $20 SNG/MTT by month's end.
4. Win an MTT (this goal is staying here until I hit it).

Stop making monetary goals Vic. Measuring your successes based on the variance of poker is going to mess with your head. Make a goals like playing more hands and working on your game away from the table. Those things are in your control - making money, winning an mtt or having enough success to move up in stakes aren't (in the short run at least).