SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Main Event outcome

Just curious, how many people here are going to try NOT to hear who wins the main event until ESPN shows it?
I tried last year, but didn't hold out for very long. I think I'll try again this year.
It would require pretty much a media blackout for yourself for a few days. No sportscenter, or any poker forums....torture. :eek:

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah,i wanna try it too lol ...untill i watch it!
but then how can i play on ftp!?
the advertisment will be ther!
PHIL IVEY TAKES DOWN WSOP ME!!!!
but even worse !how will i come onto cardschat!!?it'll be everywher

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im gonna try again this year too but i dont think that it is possible. last year i was watching espn when that flashed who won at the bottom of the screen as soon as it happend

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They should have the Main Event world series of poker live on espn like every other sport

Agreed. But they have an enormous amount of editing to do to cut the finale down to what it already is, like 3 hours now? It would have to be on something like ESPN360 or ESPNU because a final table could last 10 hours, who knows.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed. But they have an enormous amount of editing to do to cut the finale down to what it already is, like 3 hours now? It would have to be on something like ESPN360 or ESPNU because a final table could last 10 hours, who knows.

so? US poker players dont mind wasting 10hours of watchin cards lol. It'd b great if they did air it live for u 2 stream on the internet. 10hours on FT viewing of every hand!!! Sounds juicy to me lol.
As for finding out who's gonna win ur jus gonna have to deal with it cos there's gonna b banners/slogans of who's won allll over the place!! Gonna b hard to get away from it :p

C

cheermom48017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kill joy

I think if you want to know who wins ahead of time just go to bluff poker and you will see the major pots and winner. I did that last yaer because i didnt much care who won, but this year i am putting myself in a bubble because i want Ivey to win and I want to see it play out almost live.I didnt like the idea of November nine at first but I do like it now,please dont spoil it for me news media!!!
:rolleyes:

D

Dam Yankee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just as soon see the entire thing, and I could do w/out all the stupid jokes. I wouldn't mind seeig the slow times, the tired times, and the boring times. I think it would be interesting to see how the different players react & deal w/ it all.

I'm going to try not to find out about the winner, but that is hard - the nightly news ruined it for me last yr.

mistuhandy

mistuhandy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any channel that is gonna show it live? I want to watch my man Ivey

darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wsop ME Final Table Online broadcast

Hey guys,
Does somebody know where can i watch the final table live....online?Is there a site which broadcasts the final table online?PKR did it till now but now it looks like they aren't doing it anymore..
Thanks

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff magazine is doing live AUDIO only. ESPN is NOT doing a Pay Per View, and is NOT offering video on ESPN360.

T

ThomasShea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Main event live televised?

I have heard some people talking about this, is this true? I would really like to find out if this will be televised live anywhere. I know it would be a bit boring to watch, but I still find any poker watching entertaining. Please pm me if their is an online link to watch this or maybe it will just be on live television, definately looking foward to this.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only one day a way now:

The final table will have a live audio stream (with graphic displays throughout showing chip counts and statistical information) Saturday at http://www.bluffmagazine.com/videoplayer.asp. The stream will be hosted by David "The Maven" Chicotsky and features commentary from Annie Duke, Phil Hellmuth, Joe Sebok, Bryan Micon, Ari Engel, Jonathan Little and others.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have payed for the Final table and Dvr for my poker guys at the poker house so I am mad that it's not on this year. I have never like the fact you had to cool off and come back and play.. do other sports do this ?

well in college football in the championship game the teams are usually off 4 to 5 weeks before

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious, how many people here are going to try NOT to hear who wins the main event until ESPN shows it?
I tried last year, but didn't hold out for very long. I think I'll try again this year.
It would require pretty much a media blackout for yourself for a few days. No sportscenter, or any poker forums....torture. :eek:

this is my play..stay away from the forums and sports shows 4 days is a long time but I think i can do it maybe ill play poker 10 hours a day to keep my mind off of it...oh wait i do that anyway..:)

darthur90

darthur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys....i really wanted to watch this final table live...but hey..what can you do?Guess i`ll go out with some friends instead...Take care..

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is my play..stay away from the forums and sports shows 4 days is a long time but I think i can do it maybe ill play poker 10 hours a day to keep my mind off of it...oh wait i do that anyway..:)

You have to also dodge Yahoo.com and any other news site. Plus relatives who will accidentally spoil it for you on the phone...:rolleyes:

P

PokerJoeAAAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure u can actually watch it live on the internet...

I think i remember watching the one where Joe Hachem one (Legend :D) on a live stream through the internet however, i could be wrong.

Look for a stream because you may very well find one.

Go Phil!

I dont remember seeing the one Joe Hachem WON.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really sucks that they won't show the whole thing live properly.
The way they edit out most of the hands for the official broadcast is just gay.
Do you think the whole thing will leak and be downloadable in a few days, maybe after the offical ESPN broadcast.
If that happens we could always wait and download it off Bitlord

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really sucks that they won't show the whole thing live properly.
The way they edit out most of the hands for the official broadcast is just gay.
Do you think the whole thing will leak and be downloadable in a few days, maybe after the offical ESPN broadcast.
If that happens we could always wait and download it off Bitlord

I really doubt it, as I don't believe anything like that came out after last years November Nine.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really doubt it, as I don't believe anything like that came out after last years November Nine.

Do you know is complete footage possible to get hold of for some of the previous years final tables?

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is the audio feed ? Bluff magazine said it would start at 3pm EST but I cannot see it on their website. FFS, with all the technology available now, it is ridiculous that we can't watch this live.

Does anyone have a link to the live updates ?