Non showdown profit line completely inverse to showdown profit

X

xtncx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just recently found out that my non showdown profits had a steady negative line and my showdown earnings have a steady positive line. Just tryin to get a feel for this situation and what others who have this have done and how they have adjusted. I'm tight, but table ratings says I'm more agressive than 50% of the population, so it's not like i'm overly passive. What do you guys think?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played stretches where my redline is flat or goes up - when I do this, my green line tends to go down (meaning I'm getting people to fold before showdown a lot, but I'm also getting called down and losing at sd more frequently). If I allow my redline to slope down a bit (which generally means I'm bet/folding more than when my redline goes up, and giving up on hands earlier than when my redline goes up), my green line tends to go up.

Playing style and finding the right situations, and then playing those situations optimally, is the key to making both your red and green lines go up at the same time.

On the other hand, the best advice I've seen on this topic is simply to focus on the green line and keep learning, the redline will take care of itself as you learn to play situations optimally.

M

matt20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is super common in microstakes. Money is not made at the low levels by getting people to fold, but by showing down better and getting people to call with worse hands.