Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you guys handle playing poker, when you have a wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc.... who doesn't play or understand your passion for the game?

Normally my girlfriend is very understanding. I have a schedule of 2 nights a week, that are normally Tuesday and Thursday, but we sometimes switch it up if we have other plans. We set up the schedule because it used to really annoy her when without warning, I would just say, ah I'm playing poker tonight, which I obviously understand. But today, she randomly changed her work shift and tells me we're having a night in together. I'm like, huh? It's poker night, when did we make plans. She just says, I changed my shift, I just want a chilled evening.

This really pisses me off, because I don't handle changes to plans very well, but I say, OK, so do I schedule poker for Wednesday or Friday instead - Oh yeah you can't do that because we're out with friends.

[Face palm] WTF!!

Sometimes single life seems so much easier...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every relationship should be balanced between time spent together and time that everybody has for him/herself. Strict schedules like your usually work better if you both work on standard shifts (let's say 9 to 5). You together just decide that on the evenings of 2 days from the week you will play poker and/or go out alone with friends and she can do whatever she likes with her friends and all is ok. If one or both of you work on non standard shifts yo better discuss it and plan every week how to distribute the time.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
life as a couple is really complex, I usually play poker at night when everyone is asleep or very early in the morning. so no plan is affected and everything flows correctly

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My partner hates when I play.

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me guess there must be something what your partner likes yet you dont ... :hmmmm2:
True, but she can't accept that my attention is somewhere else too than on her :D

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that

It's very difficult when, whoever is on your side doesn't support you, it's difficult to live together

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To my surprise, I managed to agree with the girl about the schedule and she was understanding.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. Unfortunately, I generally don’t understand in the session .... (((I play when I have to, well, that is, when I have free time from all worries. And with two jobs, studies and a wife with two children, and in the summer also with a summer house sooooo little free time...

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have a wife who often urges me to play ... I think she feels better when she sees me in the chair playing than next to her :)))

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That feeling when you live alone and no one bothers you.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last time i checked,i am my OWN person,,,,i can do what i want,when i want to do it.It sounds to me like your being controlled,,, :rolleyes: Grow a pair,,,,