nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
DownStreak is not the best thing in poker. Surely many of us have come across it more than once, or even it could drag on for a week. But what if we are talking about the loss of several million dollars? Even the best in the poker world have bad days. I have highlighted a few stories for you, after which your losses will no longer be so scary)

#1 Viktor Blom

Victor owns the most unfortunate five-hour session.
The player made a lot of noise in 2009 when he won $9 million. But something went wrong and he lost $7 million. He pulled himself together and was able to win back $3.5 million. In December of that year, there was a strong one-on-one confrontation in Omaha. Brian Hastings robbed Victor of $4.2 million in just 5 hours. Think about how much you can actually lose in 5 hours? Yes, everyone has bad days. This situation hit the poker player's bankroll hard, and he had a hard time. However, this did not prevent him from returning with new victories.

#2 Philip D. Ivey

Yes, this is one of the most successful players in the world. However, this does not guarantee him protection from a losing streak, which can cause very big damage to his bankroll. 2015 showed us that. Online, the player lost $2.5 million in just a year, losing an average of up to $20 per hand. Losses continued to mount the following year for a total loss of $6 million.

#3 Gustav Hansen

This player is easier to tilt than others. Gustav has earned over $10 million in live tournament earnings. However, things went wrong online. For 2 years of playing, the poker player lost almost $21 million. The player did not use poker software and admitted that he wanted to correct the situation. Apparently it was already too late.

These are just a few examples from the poker world. The essence of this post is to show that poker can hit you very hard, and no one is immune from defeat. Don't fall for tilt and good luck at the tables)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
People who bet a lot and lose a lot, I envy them 😬 I keep fighting in the Micro Limits.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
that is corect , everyone can lose , but also everyone can win :) , so play your chance :)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me in life the so-called failure is part of something that will surely come in better shape.
Now, when human stupidity is above anything else, failure is always in sight of everyone.
An example is the one that a colleague of ours posted here, about a Russian player who was a compatriot of his, who played a satellite of US$50 to enter a wsop MTT in which he won the 2nd prize, which if I remember correctly was from approximately US$175,000. Once he cashed in this prize he went to the cash tables and lost it all.
Another example in my town is of a working friend, who generally spends all the money from his bakery to go play poker in a place here, where there are signs between opponents, even marked cards. He keeps going and losing almost every time, and well he does it because it's his addiction. Once we talked and I told him why he didn't invest a minimum even in an online poker site and try his luck. He never listens to me and he keeps losing daily.
Well-known players who have achieved many MTT prizes have lost almost everything in cash tables, they have even borrowed money and have not paid it back.
The experience of the cash tables is terrible for many players, the great Doyle Brunson describes it very well in one of his books.
I also believe that when you win big prizes in MTT and play cash later, it's already a matter of greed or avarice, call it what you want.
Any of us would like to win a big prize in an MTT, or make a big bankroll and make a living from what we like so much. So why if you win it look for more money immediately??? Isn't it enough for you to continue touring the world playing MTT poker???
The truth friend congratulations for the post. It is a very interesting topic almost to talk about hand in hand.
Greetings from argentina. Carlos;););):giggle::giggle::giggle:

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Unfortunately, we can't lose several million dollars. Because you have to have them to lose. So we'll play at micro stakes and enjoy the game. We were lucky in this, because the less we lose, the less stress it causes.:):):)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I've seen even worse downstreaks than that trio combined :rolleyes:

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A losing streak is one thing, but if you tilt, everything is entirely your fault. I would be so mad at myself ...

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
after all, it's a game where not all hands are won and requires strategy and patience combined with some luck at the same time, but it's about learning and playing the best way, but nevertheless everyone can win and everyone can lose: D 66

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better for a poker player to be calm and just remember that poker is, first of all, mathematics and probability theory.
I think so.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't fail a thousand times, I just found a thousand ways that don't work. - t. Edison?