hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Everyone complains about the river suckouts. I suggest we play a game of NO RIVER holdem. Showdown is after the betting is finished on the turn card. Same rules as regular holdem , the only difference is you only have 6 cards to make your best hand. AND no ones gets beat on the river.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
We would totally need to redefine all the hand ranking though because there's less probability to make a combination.

And you know what: I'll be the first one to complain about the turn suckout which will result in only 3 hole cards. 🤣

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If it was possible to play like this, I and many people would not actually lose, I am drowned in 95 percent on the river.River play in Pot Limit Omaha is very different from other streets. First of all, you already know all the cards on the table, and your decision comes down to determining what hands and at what price you would like to see a showdown, or, in the case of a bluff, at what price you would like to avoid a showdown.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone complains about the river suckouts. I suggest we play a game of NO RIVER holdem. Showdown is after the betting is finished on the turn card. Same rules as regular holdem , the only difference is you only have 6 cards to make your best hand. AND no ones gets beat on the river.
Well interesting idea ! But instead of river suckouts maybe we would have turn suckouts. I don't know if it's better in fact :)

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it's better to play more aggressively with ladies, not letting you see a cheap river

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people would never fold even if there was 10 common cards. Got to love yhe game.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can come up with as many varieties of poker as you like, but NL Holdem will be the most popular and nothing will replace it.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then they complain about getting beat on the turn, no win scenario.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO about 75% of river suck outs are the results of people playing the hand poorly

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How about letting me buy back in on the river when I would of had the nuts. It isn't going to happen.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We would totally need to redefine all the hand ranking though because there's less probability to make a combination.

And you know what: I'll be the first one to complain about the turn suckout which will result in only 3 hole cards. 🤣
AT least you are honest about the complaining. Poker is fertile soil for complainers..
\
Well interesting idea ! But instead of river suckouts maybe we would have turn suckouts. I don't know if it's better in fact :)
That will surely happen

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol! good idea! no river tornaments! River card is more enemy than friend to me..o_O

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules