newbie in need of help!

A

alex-burt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone.
I'm fairly new to the game of Poker, especially playing it online. Until recently (a couple months ago) I just played with a few mates for small sums of cash over a drink and for a few laughs. I'm not really all that good just yet - still learning the game and losing mostly! I want to try to get better at Poker (holdem) and think that maybe playing online might help. I've been looking around loads of online poker sites and came across 2 that seem pretty cooool.

Can i ask if anyone has tried either Play Poker Online at AxxoPoker.com: The Internets' flagship Poker Site, or The Rivercard Online Poker Room? They seem to have some pretty jiggy online poker rooms, but i really want to know what the experts think b4 i start to spend my hard-earned dosh!

Can anyone advise me on Play Poker Online at AxxoPoker.com: The Internets' flagship Poker Site, or The Rivercard Online Poker Room?

thanks y'all.

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well depends on what you mean by cool.

I think what a rookie needs is

- a poker room that has lots of player
- a poker room that has lots of low stakes games.
- somewhere that has freerolls.

For the above I would reccomend something like stars or full tilt. also you collect points an can exchange the points for books ( to help learning ) when you get enough.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang if this doesn't look like advertising, especially since, in case you missed the first link, he put it up again. And, he says he plays at the site he wants information on!!! Wouldn't dream of looking at Cardschat room reviews for a hint at a good site.

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup. He's clearly just being "sneaky" with his advertising. The "Internet's Flagship Poker" thing (wtf??), and the fact that he already plays at Axxo should pretty much give that away...

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spamspamspamspamspamspam- S...P.......A........M

A

alex-burt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf?

I ask a simple question and get a bunch of people saying im spaming? Im sorry if the url contained 'The Internets flagship poker site' - it didn't say that when i typed it in! I have no links to Axxo.com or theRiverCard.com - frankly i couldn't care less where i play and i haven't actually signed up for accounts with any site yet. What would be the point in signing up to a site that i know very little about? I just want a nice newbie friendly place to go and these two seemed ok. I was just looking for some constructive criticism from people who 'should' know. Its a shame that Calibanboy is the only one prepared to help!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wtf?

I ask a simple question and get a bunch of people saying im spaming?
Here's a guess:

A. You have repetitive links.
B. Instead of just posting the site you take time to disguise it, aka add it in there with the sentence.
C. All of a sudden you're not posting in 8 point font now? Kind of odd.
D. You're fairly new to poker, but yet, you're asking if playing at those two sites would improve your game? -?-
E. Who's ever even heard of these two sites? Did they just open yesterday?
F. Not to mention you broke the first rule of the forum?

Here's my constructive advice. If you're a "newb", practice and read a book or two. Don't sign up for a site and deposit. Better yet. Quit Now! I would suggest a card counting strategy for blackjack. I'm sure there using four or five decks these days so you'll have to practice. It'll surely pay off.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By way of a serious answer... I'd probably give the same advice as Calibanboy - pick one of the bigger sites that offers a wide variety of games and has a lot of players. At the smaller sites (like the two you've mentioned) you might have problems getting a game at your preferred stakes.

Also, the bigger sites should be more reliable when it comes to things like cashing out, system reliability and customer support (should you ever need it)