Chips
will this be on tomorrow night as well?

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet, been watching this. Go durrrr!!!!

GrimlyGrim

GrimlyGrim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it when announcers say dumb things. "Look at Ivey studying the players intently even though he isn't in the hand." I'm pretty sure Ivey's eyes were closed trying to sleep lulz.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny how pretty much everyone knocked out, tried to slow roll a hand. JonJ with AA, Galfond with his A9 min raise, and Dwan with his JJ. I'd much rather win a small pot, than lose a big one.

What did Phil Ivey think he could beat with his pocket 6's. I understand heads up theyre a pretty good hand, but when someones raising you, at best you could be up against two overs. Do you really want to risk half a mil on a coin toss?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's been good so far.

Gonna be an exciting season!

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny how pretty much everyone knocked out, tried to slow roll a hand. JonJ with AA, Galfond with his A9 min raise, and Dwan with his JJ. I'd much rather win a small pot, than lose a big one.

What did Phil Ivey think he could beat with his pocket 6's. I understand heads up theyre a pretty good hand, but when someones raising you, at best you could be up against two overs. Do you really want to risk half a mil on a coin toss?

slowplay, not slowroll -- just saying.

Below this line I talk about the end of the game. SPOILER WARNING:

------

I was wondering about the Ivey 66 call as well. The best I figure is that he had some sort of read on Seed from prior experiences or the recent shoving matches between Seed and Dwan and thought he was ahead of something like A2-A5, or coin tossing on any non-pair. It also felt like the players were getting a little antsy towards the end and wanted to get out of there... so going for a coin toss perhaps wasn't so bad with the blinds getting high... idk.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slowplay, not slowroll -- just saying.

Below this line I talk about the end of the game. SPOILER WARNING:

------

I was wondering about the Ivey 66 call as well. The best I figure is that he had some sort of read on Seed from prior experiences or the recent shoving matches between Seed and Dwan and thought he was ahead of something like A2-A5, or coin tossing on any non-pair. It also felt like the players were getting a little antsy towards the end and wanted to get out of there... so going for a coin toss perhaps wasn't so bad with the blinds getting high... idk.

Slow playing and slow rolling are synonymous terms. Do some research if you need to -- just saying.

I guess what you say makes a lot of sense. It did seem as though they were different towards the end. But endurance is a huge part of skill in tournament poker. Who cares how good you are in the beginning, if you can't finish the job properly in a HU situation, especially in a winner takes all tournament.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, the terms slowplay and slowroll are NOT synonymous. One is an accepted and normal practice (slowplay/sandbag) and the other is very bad poker etiquette (slowroll). Slowrolling happens when you have the stone cold nuts, are the last to act, and all your opponents chips are already in the pot. There are no chips left to go in so there's no reason to delay a call, other than to upstage your opponent, put them on tilt, and make yourself look like a colossal *****. Slowrolling at the wrong poker table might be quite detrimental to your physical health.

slowplay:
http://pokerterms.com/slowplay.html

To play a very strong hand in a passive manner that is likely to trap or deceive your opponent.

slowroll:
http://pokerterms.com/slowroll.html

To take an inordinate amount of time to call an all-in bet or raise as the last player to act and nobody else besides the all-in player remaining in the hand, all while holding the nuts. It is considered very unsportsmanlike.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. I am sorry mrmonkey. You are right. I am terribly wrong. I do apologize.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, no problem, glad you've got it now. There's just a crap ton of poker terminology out there and it can be hard to keep it all straight -- I'm probably misusing terms all the time too! :)

V

vtonne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My local NBC station doesnt carry Poker After Dark. Instead they have opted to go with the The Insider......

V

vtonne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to watch it, but I cant. I even emailed the station to complain. But Insider is more popular at 205 a.m. I guess.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to watch it, but I cant. I even emailed the station to complain. But Insider is more popular at 205 a.m. I guess.

we know...u told us yesterday and today lolz^^^^

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Second series of new eps begins tomorrow with 2 weeks of a new cash game.

Week of February 7 - NEW IN HD (Cash Game 150k Pt 1)
David Peat, Howard Lederer, Phil Laak, Greg Mueller, Olivier Busquet, Eli Elezra