New Jersey and Online Poker

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New Jersey was the next to step up and legalize online poker, following the course of Nevada. Rumors are around November or December, is when Jersey will launch their regulated gaming sites. According to this article, pokerstars is already involved

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...line-gambling-in-new-jersey-with-resorts.html

I live in New Jersey and obviously i'm stoked that online poker is legalized.. But what will this do to the relationship between New Jersey and sites that are currently running, such as on the Merge Network? Will I be able to play on PokerHost and Carbon or will they make sure to ban access to those sites and make me play on the new New Jersey regulated sites?

I'll be 20 by the time the sites start running, but the alleged legal gambling age would most likely be set at 21 as it is in Nevada, therefore making me wait a year to play again.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was happy to hear poker online is becoming legal. i have positive balance on 888poker.nj ... my problem is getting there cant wait to make it out there

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like to see it be legalized across the state border into PA. I am so close just don't get to NJ very often...