Never underestimate the stupidity of your opponents

MarlonCanada

MarlonCanada

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing poker if you are getting close to the money Never Underestimate the stupidity of your opponents. I’ve played so many tournaments & Jm getting close to the money & I think should I play this hand/spot which I would play earlier; one of my considerations is Nevef underestimate the bad play from opponents. Say you are 30 places to the money and don’t have many chips, you calculate if I fold every hand I might just make the money, but then out of nowhere AQ.. Wow should I play it? The blinds will take half my chips. I say THINK TWICE about folding. WHY?
When you are playing online you have two opponents, your players at the table & the computer program. Remember every thing in this world is about MAKING MONEY. Slot machines are programmed to give out eso much money. Likewise poker programs are programmed to knock you out of the tournament so you will reload giving websites their MONEY. Don’t believe me. Do you think pro wrestling is completely real? Don’t be a mark..They’re after you’re money. That’s all I’ll say for now on this subject for now.

I believe this is true. When losing, I play less thus pay less rake. When winning, I will play as long as I can.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ideal Gameplan is to accumulate as many chips early. That way the computer program will deal you better cards. When you’re opponent has A10 You’ll have AK. When your opppnent has JQ Clubs & you have 7-4 off suit .Your opponent will hit his J on river while you have set of 4’s on the turn. The Poker program favors the Big Stack. Don’t believe me.. Watch.. Not everytime, but much more than random probability. Somebody’s going to win, but remember they’d prefer if you lose.

I don't believe you. Can you prove this besides throwing out some arbitrary statement? Statement sounds more like a random probability. Someone has to win, but remember those who lose, prefer to make unfounded excuses.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never underestimating the other players at the table is a start move. If there going to call with total trash you need to be smart about the hands you push with. To think the game only pays off the big stack is just plain wrong.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are going to fold AQ when you have a push-fold stack, then you better not play poker. By the way, half of the players are just playing for time and trying in every way to sit up to the bubble. Here is the time to steal and increase the stack.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the real problem is when you're not aware of your own stupidity. i know some players (some of CC that i'm not going to name) that used to treat others like morons even when they do worse mistakes.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet someone can filter a track to prove or disprove it. There must be statistics of this kind somewhere. Depending on the stack distribution settings and how long before the bubble, folding AQ can be losing a lot of money.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is valuable information, I never thought about it like that but you have many reasons because at the moment of playing it seems that out of nowhere your opponent has better cards than you every moment that they are raising and raising chips and when you have a pair of AA you They come out with a double or a flash or a ladder.

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing poker if you are getting close to the money Never Underestimate the stupidity of your opponents. I’ve played so many tournaments & Jm getting close to the money & I think should I play this hand/spot which I would play earlier; one of my considerations is Nevef underestimate the bad play from opponents. Say you are 30 places to the money and don’t have many chips, you calculate if I fold every hand I might just make the money, but then out of nowhere AQ.. Wow should I play it? The blinds will take half my chips. I say THINK TWICE about folding. WHY?
When you are playing online you have two opponents, your players at the table & the computer program. Remember every thing in this world is about MAKING MONEY. Slot machines are programmed to give out eso much money. Likewise poker programs are programmed to knock you out of the tournament so you will reload giving websites their MONEY. Don’t believe me. Do you think pro wrestling is completely real? Don’t be a mark..They’re after you’re money. That’s all I’ll say for now on this subject for now.

Strong words. Perhaps you're right. Support. Programs are an interesting smart system.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ideal Gameplan is to accumulate as many chips early. That way the computer program will deal you better cards. When you’re opponent has A10 You’ll have AK. When your opppnent has JQ Clubs & you have 7-4 off suit .Your opponent will hit his J on river while you have set of 4’s on the turn. The Poker program favors the Big Stack. Don’t believe me.. Watch.. Not everytime, but much more than random probability. Somebody’s going to win, but remember they’d prefer if you lose.
OMG another poker favors the big stack and the site is rigged believer.
1. Next time you are the big stack at the table you should always go all in if the program favors the big stack. How could you possibly lose?
Tell me how that works out for you.
2. If you believe the poker sites are rigged to take your money. Why are you even trying to win. Once again you can't possibly win so why bother. Only a fool would put money into a guaranteed loser.
3. The program doesn't care who wins or looses and they are audited for randomness. A site makes millions off the rake so why would they risk their reputation by pulling shenanigans?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mr. Perkins, you are right. That's all I'm gonna say 'bout that.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I played at the cash table at micro-stakes, my opponent raised the pot on any card, I got A, Js, my opponent raised the pot again, I decided that I could double, I do al-in, he calls from 6, 7o, distribution: 4 , 8, A, J, 5.
Here is a joke of the machine.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I played at the cash table at micro-stakes, my opponent raised the pot on any card, I got A, Js, my opponent raised the pot again, I decided that I could double, I do al-in, he calls from 6, 7o, distribution: 4 , 8, A, J, 5.
Here is a joke of the machine.
how often is aj winning against 67 all-in preflop? don't worry, i'll tell you: you win ~65% of the time. that means you still lose 2/5 times against that hand.

it's not a joke, it's simple probability. you win 3/5 times in the long (good for you), but it's nothing out of the ordinary if you lose against 67. take notes, jam stronger hands, and profit.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
perhaps you are right and observant, but this happens to me too often and we see a conspiracy in this, or maybe we just play badly

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally speaking in poker, as in life, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

This isn't always the case but it is very common.

When you have a large stack it's relatively easy to accumulate more, when you have a small stack it's much more difficult.

This is the nature of the beast.

Also chips generally flow clockwise.

There is nothing unusual about this.

If any major platform were to manipulate the RNG (or more likely the distribution after a legitimate RNG shuffle), you can be certain that they would use a slightly more sophisticated method than 'make the big stacks win and small stacks lose'.

That would be (on their part) obvious, stupid and easily proven.

Get a tracker, analyse your play and study. This is how you will improve your profitability and expectations.

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is for money and everyone goes for the money, I share about the programming of both the slot machines and the poker rooms, the profit is for the bookmaker although we also win the players, but the owner will always be the biggest winner.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's a wise decision to always fold AQ !!! It all depends on how important this tournament is for you and what goals you pursue while playing it !!! And the fact that the poker programs are programmed to knock you out of the tournament is just your guess and can’t be a proven fact !!!
Just now I am playing a freeroll. I read this post and looked up to check the game and the flop was Q Q A. Wow coincidental.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I see pro wrestling in the post? Thats a shocker. And thats a shocker for just wanting to make the bubble.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't wanna argue but just do some research and you'll see that there's no possible way for online poker on sites like pokerstars to be rigged in any way, simply because people would notice if over 100 million hands there were some huge abnormalities from what's statistically expected.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The program prefers the big stack, because the big stack can make mistakes several times before being knocked out of the tournament. And before he gets short stacked and leaves the tournament, he will have several opportunities to knock out your AKs. Just because he has at least a 30% chance of beating your hand all-in. That's it.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Não acredito que você está falando sério!

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
as a freeroll player i could prove it. It is impossible to be satisfied while playing. People just gamble there

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu wins 1st Tournament in 9 years

Daniel after getting schooled by Phil Helmuth & Doug Polk came back to win a big poker tournament. I had tweeted at him, btw I tweet a lot) about his play.btw I once played on same table as him, anyway I had listened to Doug talk about how he plays, I listened to Phil how he beat Daniel, & I had just watched a one on one tournament that Phil Ivey won. The Phil Ivey tournament was tape delayed an hour & replay showed the hole cards of both players.
So as Phil played, he was the only player I wanted to really study, I could see exactly how he plays & how his “poker pro opponent” plays & substitute how I would have played.
So after watching Phil totally destroy his opponents & win star studded? field. I tweeted Negreanu. I told him to play better cards for better results & said Phil plays slow & logical, but will bluff. Phil likes the 3x the pot bluffs.
That was basically it. I had watched 300 hands or so of Phil Ivey.. he plays pretty much how we do, except he 6 times I was watching would throw out 3x pot bluff out of nowhere. 5 out of 6 times he won the pot. And that advantage was enough to close out his weak opponent when he actually got the cards. I would like a replay to see it again to more precisely see what spots he chose.. but suffice to say it was 3x.
So Daniel who is always playing poker everyday & doesn’t like to lose. After he won PokerGo cup for 700K. He tweets he started bluffing.. He didn’t bluff much before, because he saw little VALUE in doing so.
So Doug Polk says he plays range, plus he sometimes just plays contrary to his range for a few hands just to mix it up.. if that is his quote, because somehow mathematically that’s the right thing to do.
Anyways happy poker playing