Never playing QQ again!

Lopos

Lopos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive played QQ 6 times in the past 2 days both at live tables and online. Lost every single hand.

NEVER AGAIN!

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad break lol. Sorry about that =P Anyways, that shouldn't stop you from not playing that hand, but just play it smart and careful and fold it when you know you're beat and don't underestimate your opponent.
Good luck bro.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive played QQ 6 times in the past 2 days both at live tables and online. Lost every single hand.

NEVER AGAIN!

HMmm, at least you weren't the villain that drew a Q on the river for his set against my AA ... ;)

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I had to suffer a pretty brutal run with QQ before I realised just how dangerous a hand it is. It can still payoff nicely, but it's a tightrope walk, to be sure.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just start open folding QQ every hand, especially at tables with me :)

Lopos

Lopos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The majority of the losses were preflop all in calls, but one was me hitting a set and trying to slow play them, ending up in him hitting a backdoor flush draw :(

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing cash games you probably shouldn't be getting all in with QQ pre flop too much. :p If you're playing tournaments then I'd be pretty choked as well if I kept losing with Queens.

Mrs. AG

Mrs. AG

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had QQ 2x in a tourney yesterday. The first time a guy I had seen go all-in a bunch of times with junk shoved in front of me. A smallish stack shoved after him, and I couldn't fold, so I shoved, too. Turned out to be the right decision; they both had crap, and my QQ held up.

About 1/2 hour later the same thing happened. Unfortunately, when the cards were turned up one guy had AK, and he hit a K on the river.

IamBP

IamBP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friends and I all have a saying for the pocket ladies. It is, "Queen Queen equals death." That still doesn't stop any of us from playing it though.

I could add more about worse streaks I've witnessed with better hands, but this isn't really the place for it and it doesn't really matter. If you play enough hands it will all equal out.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you are just a donk who can't fold? :D

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
still better than JJ......preflop

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's the third best starting hand in poker. that means the only hands you can play now are AA or KK. have fun with that...:D

R

rdr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well ... yesterday ... 3 times ... KK ... while my opponent was holding AA .... :( ...

Would KK be twice as good as QQ ?? ... if so then my losses would be equitable to QQ losing 6 times ....

Now I can only play AA ... dam ... this is going to get boring ....:)!

QQ it will get better :) .. atleast part of the time .. :)

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'll take em!

Anytime you don't want those queens, slip em to me. I bet if you were always dealt QQ you would show a nice profit!!

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well the way i look at it is this, QQ is a toss up hand for real, it does get the shaft alot, but it is a monster on other occasions, so just pay attention to the board and dont get flustered.

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny I come across this thread. I had QQ 2x in the cardschat $1 buyin on pokerstars today and lost. :(