Negreanu and Tony G Gang up on Robl

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do like a lot of your posts, but one of the best part of them is your Avatar.......:D

Patty needs a more masculine avatar/name, sheesh I know hes a guy and i still think hes a girl sometimes... :p

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These live pros hate the successful online players, because the online players really beat the game and have tons of knowledge - the live jokers are just entertainers. Okay, i was a fan of Daniel Negreanu for a long time, but know i have to overthink it again...:confused:

tami jo darling

tami jo darling

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was very rude of the big guy..poor Robl. It will just make his skin thicker..If he can't handle this crap then he's not ready for poker..IMO Thnx for sharing :)

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who has seen tony g play at all before should not be surprised, though cussing in reference to a player is out of line imo. His mind games are one of the biggest parts of his game. I don't think Daniel did anything wrong, he got a little excited after finally being able to pull off a bluff and showed his emotions.

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for Robl to show self discipline. If that was me, I don't think I could handle myself as maturely as Andrew. Tony G needs to realize that HE is the true nit.

S

slickydoes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tony g knows how to pick easy targets is all

some players he would never try that crazy stuff with

i would take his chips and run him out the building

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
meh i dont think they were teaming up on purpose. Just tony's style...a bit impatient

Did you watch the show? (not just the clip).

I thought it was ridiculous. Does TonyG do that if Robl is 220+lbs? I doubt it. Guy's an idiot.... as unfortunately 'alot' of poker players are imo. (maybe 'idiot' isn't the appropriate word to describe them... immature perhaps, egotistical,....)

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the warning, (note to self, don't try and get a date, even if drunk).

But seriously Pat why the name and the Avatar?
What is it all about?

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw the show and as soon as Corkins (who was on Robl's seat before) busted Tony G asked "Who's next?", someone answered Robl is the replacement and he says "I'm gonna put pressure on that guy!" and boy he did, there was a lot more stuff than what's shown in this clip.

Personally, I don't mind Tony G's mind games, partly because I think they're part of the game, and partly (or mostly) because it's pretty damn entertaining. In this hand, however, I thought it was too much. Tony's not even in the hand and that's where I draw the line. Didn't like Daniels behavior after the hand either. Plus, the floorman seems like Tony's puppet, couldn't he reject that clock call? Robl wasn't being that slow at all...

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just read Robl's blog, it clears it all up....pretty much they just do whatever daniel and tony g want

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The game of poker aside, watching Robl sit with that puzzled look on his face for seemingly hours at a time was just excrutiating to watch. Tony was a bit harsh, but could you imagine sitting there waiting 10 minutes every time the guy was involved in a hand and not saying something? Now that's entertainment.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game of poker aside, watching Robl sit with that puzzled look on his face for seemingly hours at a time was just excrutiating to watch. Tony was a bit harsh, but could you imagine sitting there waiting 10 minutes every time the guy was involved in a hand and not saying something? Now that's entertainment.

That wasn't the case, really. Tony G just wanted to f*** with Robl's head. For instance, every time Robl folded PF Tony would go nuts and give him hell for being a nit. It was just an act, at some point, iirc, Tony even told him it was nothing personal as by that point probably even he was thinking he went too far.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course he wanted to mess with his head. Messing with people's heads is what Tony does best.

But there comes a point where things become a bit more serious, and Tony did as Tony does and started making an issue of it. IMO he had a point with his "wasting my time" comment. I felt like Robl was wasting my time and I was just a spectator.