negraneu challenge

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've got $15 on FT. I'm going to use his method to see how far I can take it.

O

onetime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankrolls

We will just have to see what happens.Everybody gets dealt different hands in this game.Bankrolls or not, what he accomplished was pretty impressive.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can reasonably guess that no one from CC started with zero and even came close to doing what Chris did

Wrong. There's been at least two people here that have done it.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, the majority of you (not all certainly) are a bunch of unrealistically optimistic people. I can reasonably guess that no one from CC started with zero and even came close to doing what Chris did, which was ridiculously unimpressive (he is one of my favorite players, by the way). I would have only been impressed if he started with zero and made 100 Grand within a month. I'm not so easily impressed I guess. By the way, for you elite people, what's with the kiss-assy rah, rah, rah go Cards Chat crap - makes me wanna' puke!

Such negativity.. I think somebody needs a care bear hug!

Care-Bear-Hugs-being-nice-133507_419_327.gif

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wasn't going to say anything but, kiss-assy rah, rah, rah go Cards Chat!

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My apology

I'm negative. Without getting too personal, I have a neuro disease (incurable) which has been hammering me lately, going through withdrawal from 2 perscription meds (for the disease - they don't work) - 1 is worse than getting off of heroine I found out - so I apologize. I am cranky to the max! My tone is bad. I always walk left when every else goes right (that's a different disease I guess ... lol), but I seriously apologize for my negative and rude tone, (even if I might have meant some of it). So .. uhhh ... <cough> ... that's it I guess. :eek:

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, NC does have a bit of a point. I'll admit that the Ferguson challenge was more of a discouragement than encouragement for me as well.

I looked at this and thought...wait, a top professional player is having issues at micro stakes? He even went busto several times after scratching up a little money? What does this mean for me? For poker in general? If one of the best has issues like that, can I ever really be "great" at poker? Is it really "just gambling" after all?

It really did bother me quite a bit. But I've learned a lot since then and I can understand how even the best player in the world can sit down with $1.00 at a 2NL table and lose.

So, I dunno. I'm still not excited by the accomplishment just due to how long it took. But it's still something.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my God! This never happened before! Holy Moly! Wait. Is this some kind of alternative universe of something? Did I accidentally travel to another dimension?

Well, NC does have a bit of a point. I'll admit that the Ferguson challenge was more of a discouragement than encouragement for me as well.

I looked at this and thought...wait, a top professional player is having issues at micro stakes? He even went busto several times after scratching up a little money? What does this mean for me? For poker in general? If one of the best has issues like that, can I ever really be "great" at poker? Is it really "just gambling" after all?

It really did bother me quite a bit. But I've learned a lot since then and I can understand how even the best player in the world can sit down with $1.00 at a 2NL table and lose.

So, I dunno. I'm still not excited by the accomplishment just due to how long it took. But it's still something.

T

Trimming1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal challange

I am starting from "ZERO" dollars...I get itm some times,in the$150 dollar freerolls offered by fulltilt. Then afterwards , when I reinvest in micro stakes "cash" nlh the variance seems to kill me... So here I go again. One more time...Sarting with "zero" balance at full tilt. I`ve been playing on fat bet as well as poker stars, My balance was "Zero" at fat bet amd have worked it up to almost 4 euros.This dosen`t sound like alot, but your average "itm" is on small tourneys approximently .20 euro`s .I`ve accomplished this by playing strictly in freeroll tourney`s and 0.01 entry`s that are like sub-turbo`s at full tilt.Also just a side note that at fat bet they only pay the top ten on the larger freerolls,and top three in the sub-turbo`s. My poker stars account is still under two dollars and that limits my abilitys to there .10 cent tourney`s. But I know I`ll get there. I`m not able to just Re-load/ deposit as i`m living on a limited income, so I`m being patient. Mine time will come when I cam afford larger games and then maybe I`ll be pickin you off ... Good luck to all .Trimming1:)

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I do the same. Had my bodog balance up to $16 (from zero) before I lost it all (I have a .45 balance right now - hilarious).

I am starting from "ZERO" dollars...I get itm some times, but then afterwards , when I reinvest in micro stakes "cash" nlh the variance seems to kill me... So here I go again. One more time...Sarting with "zero" balance at full tilt. I`ve been playing on fat bet as well as poker stars, My balance was "Zero" at fat bet amd have worked it up to almost 4 euros.This dosen`t sound like alot, but your average "itm" is on small tourneys approximently .20 euro`s .I`ve accomplished this by playing strictly in freeroll tourney`s and 0.01 entry`s that are like sub-turbo`s at full tilt.Also just a side note that at fat bet they only pay the top ten on the larger freerolls,and top three in the sub-turbo`s. My poker stars account is still under two dollares and that limits my abilitys to there .10 cent tourney`s. But I know I`ll get there. I`m not able to just Re-load/ deposit as i`m living on a limited income, so I`m being patient. Mine time will come when I cam afford larger games and then maybe I`ll be pickin you off ... Good luck to all .Trimming1:)