Need help with online bank issue.

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do most of my banking online. I have two different checking accounts. One for online purchases and one for home use. I went to transfer funds from home checking to other account, and when I went to the bank site for home use before signing in, this message popped up.
Does anyone know what this means? I closed and retried 3 more times and it keeps popping up. I didn’t sign in yet, and won’t be able to talk to bank till tomorrow. Any clues to what’s up??? (The message I had to type out cause it wouldn't let me copy it.)

SECURITY ERROR: DOMAIN NAME MISMATCH

You have attempted to establish a connection with
“secure.orcc.com”. However, the security certificate presented
belongs to “global1.onlinebank.com”. It is possible, though unlikely,
that someone may be trying to intercept your communication with
this web site.

If you suspect the certificate shown does not belong to
“secure.orcc.com”, please cancel the connection and notify the site
administrator.

View Certificate OK Cancel

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would call the bank tomorrow and see what they say,,,,,, i wouldnt log in till i know the facts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buck:)

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great

Be glad it stopped you,it sounds like your puter might have a virus!..or you ve clicked on a page that security has been breached somehow..If the virus is a keylogger,they might know some very harmful info.Definitly do virus checks,preferably an online scan by Panda or the like,in case your stored virus files got corrupted.and have you ever heard of Phishing??

G

Guittars

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as above - suggest contacting your bank before logging in.

However, I would suggest it's nothing except the banks secure servers are hosted by a different company and someone has forgotten to update the security certificate.

but not worth the risk before speaking to your bank.

G

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as above - suggest contacting your bank before logging in.

However, I would suggest it's nothing except the banks secure servers are hosted by a different company and someone has forgotten to update the security certificate.

but not worth the risk before speaking to your bank.

G

What he said.