Need help getting a laptop.

S

scottieb668

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i use a dell and i like it alot... I would to go with the biggest screen and fast gamer one..... works better with online poker.....

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apple's computers are just toys not for any serious tasks. When you use a computer, you are actually using software on that computer. The computer is just a platform to run those software. With PC running windows you will have more than 10 times the software you can run on it. Because Apple makes its computer a closed system and there very few developers for it. 99.9% of large coporations use PC/Windows instead Apple/Mac.

"Windows is slow" Do you have any ideas what are you talking about? Apple/Mac switch to Intel's CPU because PC/Windows is faster.

Apple/Mac is for people who know very little about computers. Apple does not allow you to build you own Mac, you have to buy a pro build Mac from Apple. Most IT persons build their own PCs and they will never a get Mac from Apple.

I have 6 computers at the moment. 2 Apples and 4 various Windows based OS. I have a recording studio, and I play live as well. And while I agree that a PC with Windows based OS is certainly more versatile for the average PC user - and I would 100% go windows for any poker and office oriented computers - your very first sentence in this post shows you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You may not like Apple, and Apples monopoly type service and structure can be very annoying, but to say something like that is just kinda dumb.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have went back and fourth, my new favorite is this.

Amazon.com: Sony VAIO VPC-F13YFX/B 16.4-Inch Widescreen Entertainment Laptop (Black): Computer & Accessories

It's sharp. Seems like it would be great for poker, high-definition 16.4-inch screen. It has a HDMI port that I could connect to my HDTV and play poker on it and watch moves and etc. Only weights 6.4 pounds so it would be good to carry around on campus as well.

Still looking at the dell xps and the macbook pro and hp pavilion.

As a user of PC and mac, many office applications, poker tracking software etc. work better (or sometimes only) with windows.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got myself an Acer Emachines 19'' laptop last year (gave it to Bianca so that she would stop complaining about me sitting infront of the PC all day)
and it works pretty well for playing up to 4 tiled tables.
I'm using it more than the PC (which has a 24'' display) - go figure Bianca :p .
Cost about 600 Euros here.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can comfortably fit 6 tables on a 17"laptop with no overlap but I guess I'm just accustomed to looking at very small tables. There's actually ~1" space along the bottom of the screen too (which is convenient for viewing pokerprolabs ;) ).
I can also get 12 tables on a 23" Acer monitor with just an tiny bit of overlap (width-wise).
Here's a screenshot of 6tables on my 17" Acer laptop.

Attachments

• 6tables on 17 laptop.jpg
    6tables on 17 laptop.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 44
Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just go to tigerdirect, and build yourself a nice desktop.. this is my first laptop, and i'm not enjoying it too much. if you insist on a laptop i guess just look for something with a big screen, lots of ram, adequate hdd and a graphix card and processor that suites your needs

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tiger direct usually has the best deals whether you are building your own machine or buying something. I would look for anything good thats on sale through them. Thats where I got my Asus, came with a 3 year warranty, had it for about a year with no problems so far, the hdmi cord is great for multi tabling I just put the screen up on my 36 inch hdtv.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just rake $1000 at lock and get a free Ipad2

Atticus22

Atticus22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dell and ASUS have good reviews on consumer reports.
I dont think I'd get another HP again.
gl