Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Myths and truths about the career of a poker player

1- You can only make money with poker if you play. Myth
In addition to playing, it is possible to teach, have a team, do study work for teams, sell poker programs and earn %, produce content (social networks, twitch, youtube...)

2- "Teach me the rules so I can get rich" Myth
The poker rules are the simplest part to learn, the difficult thing is to master the theoretical and mathematical part of the game; It is necessary to study hours and hours a year to end up not knowing even 50% of what poker has to be learned

3- Players at the beginning of their careers, they win 5 out of 10 live tournaments they played in the month (variance), they understand the rules of the game, they think they can make a living from poker because of that. Myth

Professional player with years of career, he makes 500 to 700 monthly tournaments, an average of 20 to 30 final tables per month and approximately 5-8 wins. He studies game theory every week and doesn't even know half of what poker has to be learned (which is normal, because poker is infinite learning)

So what did you think of these 3 myths and truths about poker?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think there's nothing to add, I agree with almost every point I think poker seems like an easy game for many people and they just don't think about the future and I think it's easy to win later they'll say they were just unlucky but in fact they lost deservedly so you have to think like professional players in paragraph 3 this is clearly shown but they make it to the final table of 10 games in 1 game I think you're exaggerating

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is nothing to add here, in my opinion, all 3 points are a real myth. And in my opinion, there are no rules with which you will always win.