Music and Poker

vicnik58

vicnik58

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During game I don't listen to music. But I listen "Pink Floyd" after game if I lose some tournaments successively. It calms me.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I mean, it's not that it doesn't make sense, I guess I just always took you as more of a metal kind of guy than punk(not that a lot of people who are into one aren't into the other, I being one). I think it's all just because of the Metal music thread that you posted a while ago with posts about bands like Morbid Angel and Aborted Fetus(can't remember if you even mentioned those two bands, just similar)

I never mentioned those bands, I believe Emporer XI did, though. I am a fan of Morbid Angel, actually.. don't know who Aborted Fetus is, though (I did mentioned Dying Fetus). And I have worked with members of the band, Origin before (some members are now in a band called Unmerciful).

You'd be a bit suprised about my musical tastes. I not a big rap fan, but there are a couple that I like. I'm a big fan of Tech N9ne (who I met once before), and a couple songs by MC Chris, as well.

But overall.. I'm still a metal and goth rock guy.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I have worked with members of the band, Origin before (some members are now in a band called Unmerciful).

Brutal band - got at least one of their albums on the shelf here, their drummer (is it still John Longstreth?) is a freakin' animal.

Anywho, I listen to music most of the time that I'm playing. Sometimes it feels like too much of a distraction and I can't concentrate so I turn it off. But usually it's running.

Soundtrack changes with mood, this morning it's actually been classical music. But it can just as likely be black metal, blues, hip hop, rock or doof.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Brutal band - got at least one of their albums on the shelf here, their drummer (is it still John Longstreth?) is a freakin' animal.

Anywho, I listen to music most of the time that I'm playing. Sometimes it feels like too much of a distraction and I can't concentrate so I turn it off. But usually it's running.

Soundtrack changes with mood, this morning it's actually been classical music. But it can just as likely be black metal, blues, hip hop, rock or doof.

John Longstreth left the band, then came back.

James King, who took over for Longstreth for a 3 year period in Origin is now playing drums for Unmerciful. Clint Applehanz, who was Origin's original and long time guitarist is also playing in Unmerciful.

http://www.myspace.com/unmerciful

A

AJfromUS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music when I play all the time.. It gets the best of me though.. at times it makes it hard to really concentrate on the game.. I listen to many things, just a bunch of random stuff I've listened to through the years.

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think listen music when you play Is a good Idea, for relax and be patient waiting something to play. Try not listen metal or hard music, lol. Also Is better when you play In live games.

See ya

guppystew

guppystew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music always calms the savage beast

Rock n roll makes me fold the cards that are big winners sometimes but drains when you try to sneak a peak and nothing hits. I think just keeping from playing every hand keeps you out of trouble.

TAC91

TAC91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always listen to music while playing poker.

Skillet
Drowning Pool
Seether
Three Days Grace
Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed
Thousand Foot Krutch
AC/DC
Alice In Chains
Nirvana
Def Leppard
1,000's of others. :)

Pretty much all Rock. I'll listen to some rap and others every now and then.